• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See what Reatta owners say about our cars

I found this interresting link:

://forums.aaca.org/f116/bullet-nose-studebaker-330295.html

Robert Kapteyn

Link no workee, Bob.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

you might see a "familiar" screen name on the reatta thread around post #8.

i picked up a '89 reatta in march for $1,700. i put in a fuel pump, crankshaft balancer and crank position sensor, a couple weeks later. it's now my daily (only) driver. it's a nice car - especially at the low prices you can pick up a coupe. but the electronics can be a pita...

most of the studebaker info was correct, but a reatta forum is not really the place to correct bad info!

Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Try this link: http://forums.aaca.org/f116/bullet-n...er-330295.html

I worked for Buick when the Reatta came out, I didn't like them then and I don't like them now, however it is neat to see a Reatta Driver's Club.

Comment

Would I get too many people mad at me if I say the Reatta was GM's Avanti?

Great looks, short production...now a undervalued "cult" car.
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
            Would I get too many people mad at me if I say the Reatta was GM's Avanti?

Great looks, short production...now a undervalued "cult" car.
            and from a side view, i kinda - sorta - see a resemblance. at least that's what i tell myself.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Reatta CL ad pic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	1675629
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Worked at Cadillac where we had QC responsibility for the Reatta. Tooling for all the sheet metal was done in Japan. Same company that built the dies also built the checking fixtures. When came time to build car, we found that most of the fixtures were built wrong side of metal, and all the sample parts were made with "dead" steel. When parts were made with steel specified, the spring back made parts all but unusable. Car introduction was set back a year so all the dies and fixtures could be rebuilt.

As I recall, the converts also had a very bad top leaking problem. They were a "cute" car and fun to drive but somewhat underpowered. Believe they were aimed at the female market segment.

Bob
              Own \'53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Bobphyl/StudeontheBeach.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X