1965 Studebaker Color SIENNA RED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1965 Studebaker Color SIENNA RED

I have recently acquired a 1965 Studebaker Daytona from New Mexico where it was sold new..The car has front end sheet metal damage but the remainder of the car is like new when the original paint is buffed up.I therefore only want to paintthe front fenders and hood.Does anyone have a Sienna red paint formula that can be used with the newer urethane paints .I have tried having it scanned but the scanned formula is not correct.Any help would be much appreciated. PS This car has been kept inside most of its life, there is almost no fading of the original color.

Originally posted by mrjazzmillcreek View Post
    I have recently acquired a 1965 Studebaker Daytona from New Mexico where it was sold new..The car has front end sheet metal damage but the remainder of the car is like new when the original paint is buffed up.I therefore only want to paintthe front fenders and hood.Does anyone have a Sienna red paint formula that can be used with the newer urethane paints .I have tried having it scanned but the scanned formula is not correct.Any help would be much appreciated. PS This car has been kept inside most of its life, there is almost no fading of the original color.
    Ray

Hopefully someone will come up with the correct formulation code but that may still leave you with a color difference.

My local paint mixer uses the color scanner but is very proud of his ability to take that initial mix and bring it to an exact match.

If your local guy can't do it ask around the local shops and see who they recommend. It can be done if the folks behind the counter care about what they do.

Bob

Comment

To: mrjazzmillcreek,----SIENNA RED---factory paint code NQ-0715...PPG code 71513. The problem with doing spot repairs on red vehicles and expecting a 'match', is that if the vehicle has spent any
      time exposed to sunlight at all the red will always fade out slightly...it's the nature of the animal. (basecoat/clearcoat helps prevent this fade) but anyway, expect to paint this whole car.

Comment

Working...
      X