Parts Needed for 1956 Power Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts Needed for 1956 Power Hawk

I am still among the living, I had rotator cuff surgery last Thursday and am now able to move around with-out to much pain.
    Since I will be unable to do anything for a while I decided to get some of the items ready so I will have them when I am able to start working on it again.
    I got my son-in-law to load up some of the chrome pieces from the 56 Power Hawk, that need to be replated so I could drop them off at the replating shop. They told me that the tail light assemblies are to thin to replate and still look good when finished.
    So I am looking for a good replateable pair of tail light assemblies for a 56 hawk, if you have any other good chrome pieces I may be interested in them too.
    I am also looking for a good steering wheel for the 56 Hawk.

Studebaker Fever
    60 Lark
    51 Champion
    Phil
    Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
    60 Lark
    56 Power Hawk
    Phil Hendrickson
    Arnold, Missouri

Try the Schrock Brothers in Penn for their '56 Hawk remanufactured steering wheels. They are outstanding pressure molded wheels. I bought one of their first if not the first one they made a few years ago. I was not cheap, but the quality is great. I think I paid on the order of $550 dollars. They advertise in Turning Wheels. I hope this helps. Don C.

Comment

Try the Schrock Brothers in Penn for their '56 Hawk remanufactured steering wheels. They are outstanding pressure molded wheels. I bought one of their first if not the first one they made a few years ago. I was not cheap, but the quality is great. I think I paid on the order of $550 dollars. They advertise in Turning Wheels. I hope this helps. Don C.

Comment

I can help you with the tail light bezels.

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

I can help you with the tail light bezels.

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Sasco still has steering wheel # 535350X41 which looks like the standard steering wheel in a 56 Power Hawk but is an inch larger in diameter overall. It's a black, 3-spoke wheel (used in trucks) and uses the same horn button (which SASCO ALSO has NOS).

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Sasco still has steering wheel # 535350X41 which looks like the standard steering wheel in a 56 Power Hawk but is an inch larger in diameter overall. It's a black, 3-spoke wheel (used in trucks) and uses the same horn button (which SASCO ALSO has NOS).

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bob, thanks for the lead. I called SASCO this morning and that steering wheel has been sold, he said he has nothing left to fit the 56 Hawk. Oh well, I shall keep looking.

Studebaker Fever
                60 Lark
                51 Champion
                Phil
                Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
                60 Lark
                56 Power Hawk
                Phil Hendrickson
                Arnold, Missouri

Comment

Bob, thanks for the lead. I called SASCO this morning and that steering wheel has been sold, he said he has nothing left to fit the 56 Hawk. Oh well, I shall keep looking.

Studebaker Fever
                  60 Lark
                  51 Champion
                  Phil
                  Arnold, Missouri

Studebaker Fever
                  60 Lark
                  56 Power Hawk
                  Phil Hendrickson
                  Arnold, Missouri

Comment

Working...