Hood Corner Stiffners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Hood Corner Stiffners

Anyone used the Classic Ent. corner hood stiffs on a 50s sedan? Classic pieces are made for C/K. Picked up a good hood for a 58 sedan, but has weak corners from being forced up.
    Thanks in advance,
    Kim

I haven't tryed the classic stuff but when I redo my 64 I'am just going to plug weld some long stright stock on the inside of the hood edge.

Comment

I have the earlier version, without the long side strips, on my '53. I had my body man install them while doing a hood repair in 2003. He said they fit well and over 8+ years they seem to be doing just fine. The hood corners on my Conestoga are bent up and I plan to install them when I fix that. I think they are a good value for the price. They are listed with the 50's sedans and wagons on the web page so I think they are not just for the C/Ks.
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Thanks guys
        Kim

Comment

I installed them in the hood of my 61 Hawk. Unfortunately my hood had been damaged in the past, and someone had done a questionable repair. I had to make a few modifications to get them to work with that modification, but overall they seemed to fit well.
          Wayne
          "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Pat Dilling, I sent you a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruzzar View Post
              Pat Dilling, I sent you a pm.
              Got it, thanks. Will call soon

Pat
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I installed them on my 58 Golden Hawk. Worked very well. Drilled holes (on inside lip of hood) where we could spot weld them to the hood. They look very good hardly noticable. Highly recommend them.

Don
                sigpic
                58 Golden Hawk
                DSamborski
                Pillager, MN

Comment

Working...
                X