STOLEN:.... Studebaker Sales and Service Sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STOLEN:.... Studebaker Sales and Service Sign

Studebaker Friends In The New England Area (and Elsewhere)........When fellow SDC member Chick Nauha returned home from a camping trip this past weekend, a few items were missing
    from his yard. One of the missing items may show up on our 'Studebaker Radar' (which we all have!). If any of You folks spot this, I'd really appreciate a 'Heads Up'!!
    STOLEN:.......42" STUDEBAKER SALES and SERVICE dealership sign (original).....Metal sign.....can be identified by two mounting holes that are showing a bit of rust...ALSO.......
    at one time both sides were painted so this sign could be used to advertise something else.........One side was cleaned off with enamel reducer to reveal the original Studebaker
    signage (nice)....but the other side was never washed off, so the Studebaker lettering is still painted over..........Once again, thanks in advance. If anyone spots this item for sale please
    post back on this forum............Studebakerly...Ed (SN-60)
    Last edited by SN-60; 07-05-2013, 01:55 PM. Reason: changed sign size to 42"

I think there are a couple of those signs on ebay at present......may want to check them out.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

To: 2R5,---Thank You. I passed that along to Chick.

Comment

I believe that you are referring to a 42 inch sign, not a "48"". This may help in the search.
        Strange thing is that the two of us posting on this topic have a connection with one of these signs. I sold the sign of this type that I owned for more than 40 years to Bob B (2R5).
        Last edited by studegary; 09-27-2012, 09:28 AM. Reason: missing I
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

To: studegary,-----Thanks Gary, it might be 42" in diameter....but Chick said it was 48"....I don't really know.

Comment

Update: After ten months, this Studebaker sign HAS apparently been located, and offered 'for sale'. Problem becomes that unlike a motor vehicle or expensive watch, there is no serial number on an old sign, and hundreds of them were produced 'back in the day'.
            The investigation is ongoing.........

Comment

Are there any pictures of it to help identify it Ed? If it is in the unusual condition you noted and has not been further messed with it should be easy to match the Pics to the "Hot" item.

I sure hope it gets returned to it's rightful owner, WalMart is fresh OUT of these!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                Are there any pictures of it to help identify it Ed? If it is in the unusual condition you noted and has not been further messed with it should be easy to match the Pics to the "Hot" item.

I sure hope it gets returned to it's rightful owner, WalMart is fresh OUT of these!
                They're working on just what You mentioned Rich...but a 'lid' needs to be kept on this for now. (Not easy for a big mouth like Me!!!!!)

Comment

Saw your post title and thought "not another one!"
                  Glad it's been found, hope he get's it back!
                  sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                  Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                  "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Ed, I would want to take someone out behind the bigest wood shed I could find !!!!
                    Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                    They're working on just what You mentioned Rich...but a 'lid' needs to be kept on this for now. (Not easy for a big mouth like Me!!!!!)
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

So nobody was giving to a friend......

I sure hope you get this sign back soon.
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

This is currently on EBay.

Ed Sallia
                        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Here is another one on EBay. Either look familiar?

Ed Sallia
                          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                            Here is another one on EBay. Either look familiar?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STUDEBAKER-P...item4ac6252c97
                            Thanks for Your interest.....but I really can't say any more about this for now.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                              Thanks for Your interest.....but I really can't say any more about this for now.
                              If you can't say anything, why respond at all....

Comment

Working...
                              X