PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Pacific SW Zone Meet...?

StudeDave57
09-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Rumor has it there was a Zone Meet in Salt Lake City, Utah this past weekend.

Did anyone go?

And more importantly--
did anyone take any pictures?

Bullet
09-25-2012, 01:34 PM
I saw one post from Bob in Hayward about the trip back, but have not heard how the zone meet went. Inquiring minds want to know.

Mark

glen
09-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Haven't heard any "scuttle-butt" about the Phoenix Chapter making the trip, unless it was just the Collin's as vendors...but then that chapter has their popular 29th annual "Run to the Pines" trip (Phoenix to Pinetop) scheduled for this Friday through Sunday.....which would be a heck of a turn around, of events, for most of the chapter members and only a few are on the forum.

candbstudebakers
09-25-2012, 11:29 PM
The Zone Meet was held last week end and went very well, not the largest but a lot of really nice cars did show up, one from Texas, people from Canada, people from Washington state, Wyoming, Idaho, Arizona, North and South California, more people than cars and Fred Ball and his wife Erica and the other people that worked very hard to make this a good meet did a very good job. short on vendors, but Russ Jenks did come from Idaho, I am sure Fred will post some thing soon.

brngarage
09-26-2012, 09:42 AM
I attended the meet along with another member of the Los Angeles Chapter. VERY nice cars and even nicer people. The meet was well organized and the host hotel did a great job. As Bob said, cars came from all over including Canada. Job well done by the Wasatch Valley Chapter. I'll try to post some pictures on Google Documents and supply a link here in the next day or so.

Studeguru
09-26-2012, 01:50 PM
I can give you some numbers.
80 registrations (139 people) Had one couple all the way from Iowa, the SDC president was also there.
41 cars, 17 judged. The quality of the cars was great. the lowest score was 375 points, the highest was 398 points.
117 people for the Friday night event and 127 at the awards banquet.
Only had 4 vendors.
I want to thank all that made the trip all the way to Salt Lake City.

StudeDave57
10-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Sounds like it was a great time.
Maybe I'll make it next year... :confused:

Yes- I know- October 11-13 in Meza, AZ.
Nelly's former owners (Grand Canyon SDC) are the hosts... ;)

Lou Van Anne
10-02-2012, 11:41 AM
No one took pictures?

len
10-03-2012, 09:08 AM
I went and throughly enjoyed the meet. Great people and the hotel did a great job.
Could have used more cars but there was plenty of people. I drove my Speedster
there from Calif.