Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know ex-SDC member Charlie Still from New Jersey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know ex-SDC member Charlie Still from New Jersey?

Click image for larger version

Name:	still charley2 copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1736503 Click image for larger version

Name:	still charley1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	1736504
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Do you know where he lived in New Jersey?

Todd

Comment

Charlie Still attended one of the first national meets I was able to get to. I was in the Army on Okinawa in the late 1960s, and as soon as I got out in '69, I attended the 1969 national meet in South Bend. I met Charlie there, either in 1969 or 1970. 'Don't remember much about him, except that he had lots of Studebakers. He had a Bordeaux Red '64 Commander at the meet, and since I had my '64 Challenger there, we struck up a conversation.

George
      george krem

Comment

He lived in Woodbury. If you need it I can PM you his contact info, if he is still alive. Haven't herd from him since the 70's.

Comment

That is a name from the past.
          In the 1970s, there was a very active group from NJ. Many of those SDCers are either deceased or relocated to other locations/hobbies.
          I don't have any recent information on Charlie.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
            He lived in Woodbury. If you need it I can PM you his contact info, if he is still alive. Haven't herd from him since the 70's.
            I'm afraid I am not going to be much help. Even though NJ is a small state, Woodbury is quite a distance from me. On top of that even though I have been going to car shows for as long as I can remember, I was only 8 years old in 1979, and to be honest with you, I don't remember seeing too many Studebakers back then. Anyhow, the South Jersey Chapter of the SDC is pretty active, and hopefully one of the members of the chapter is reading this forum and can help you out.

Todd

Comment

Hello, I knew Charlie quite well back in the mid 70's. I was active with the local chapter back then,
              Spent time at Charlie's house, he had a split level house with a single garage. He knocked out the back
              wall of the garage so he could park his Avanti in his rec room!
              Remember the Avanti parked behind a couch while watching TV.
              His wife was quite a Coke collector if I remember right.
              Just asked Tony Lombardi about Charlie a few weeks ago. He mentioned he
              hadn't heard from him in ten plus years.
              sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
              Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
              "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Didn't know him personally, but back in the 70's to the early 80's if you found a Studebaker around these parts you heard it used to be Charlie Still's. I believe he liquidated his stuff in the late 80's. A friend of mine ended up with a few of his cars and some parts.

Comment

Thanks everyone for their responses. Now I just have to find out if Charlie is still with us.
                  Richard Quinn
                  Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Charlie's Avanti is with Harry Mann in Pennsylvania.

Comment

Working...
                    X