Four nice Studebaker Projects in Central California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four nice Studebaker Projects in Central California

I was serious considering making an offer on the Conestoga. It appears to be a very solid car. I'm going to stick with the one I have for now. The other cars are nice too. Maybe some one else will put them back on the road.

Pat
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

There is another Squaw Valley just up 180 east of Fresno thats where these cars are. According to the ad.
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman View Post
      There is another Squaw Valley just up 180 east of Fresno thats where these cars are. According to the ad.
      Yes, Anne's right. I know we've seen some of these cars before. Aren't these Jason Taub's?
      KURTRUK
      (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Anne, that is correct, they are at the Squaw Valley East of Fresno. Apparently the Squaw Valley near Lake Tahoe is not really a town, just a ski resort.

Pat
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA

Comment

I always thought a Conestoga wagon would be a neat resto-mod project. There was one on Ebay about a year ago that might have been a little further done than I imagine, and much more pricey also. Good luck with the project.
          sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Gosh... if that Connie is worth anywhere near 4K, then I wonder what Bess is worth? Then again... maybe I'd rather not know. That way no temptation knocks.
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Yea..not a bad looken wagon.
              As noted, the floors should be in good shape and the engine startable for that price. Though, for a limited quantity car, I guess it's not THAT bad.

Mike

Comment

The son told me that the floors are solid, and that there is no visible rust other than a little surface on the car. Nor is there any body damage other than a couple dings and the hood corners are bent (imagine that!). He had not examined the frame. The engine has not been turned over in many years so we agreed to consider it stuck. The interior appears to be pretty trashed. The lack of a title is also a factor, but one that is not that difficult to overcome. Here are some additional pictures he sent me.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Pat Dilling; 09-25-2012, 12:27 PM.
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA

Comment

Working...
                X