Studebaker Glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Glass

I just got of the phone with a vendor that sells all the Studebaker glass, nice guy, good prices and great service. He has just had all the rear glass remade for the 47-52 models including the Starlight coupes and will make you a hell of a deal if you can use bronze tint which his vendor made by mistake as part of the order. It's Bob's Classic Auto glass at

He's in Oregon but arranged pickup in L.A to save shipping for a new windshield for my GT.

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    64 GT R2
    63 GT R2
    63 Lark 2 door
    58 Starlight
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

THANKS FOR TIP, HELPED WITH NUMBER OF ITEMS, VERY NICE GUY AND REASONABLE

Comment

THANKS FOR TIP, HELPED WITH NUMBER OF ITEMS, VERY NICE GUY AND REASONABLE

Comment

It's awful commentary on todays retail business that when you find a vendor that's fair and helpful, he stands out from the crowd. He just spoke to me again, just to thank me for the post that resulted in your call about the bronze glass, not a big deal, but nice that he took the time. He's owned a few Studebakers in the past, maybe we can bring him back into the fold.

JDP/Maryland
        64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
        64 GT R2
        63 GT R2
        63 Lark 2 door
        58 Starlight
        52 & 53 Starliner
        51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

It's awful commentary on todays retail business that when you find a vendor that's fair and helpful, he stands out from the crowd. He just spoke to me again, just to thank me for the post that resulted in your call about the bronze glass, not a big deal, but nice that he took the time. He's owned a few Studebakers in the past, maybe we can bring him back into the fold.

JDP/Maryland
          64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
          64 GT R2
          63 GT R2
          63 Lark 2 door
          58 Starlight
          52 & 53 Starliner
          51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

John - you're absolutely right that great customer service is the exception rather than the rule. How many times have we seen here, the guy at the FLAPS didn't bother digging into "the book" for the item that the next counterman (or the one before) spent 90 seconds researching and found either in stock or available overnight?
            It is our responsibility to do the PR for Studebakers - and to pass along tips about a deal, or a find, or some exceptional service. Or in this case perhaps all 3!
            I personally have no use for the bronze glass mentioned, but it gives me confidence that another tip will come along at some point that I can make use of. Also, how many times have you read something like this and 2 hours later had someone ask you about almost the same thing?

Thanks John and all who pass along this kind of information without hesitation.

55 Commander
            58 Transtar
            62 GT Hawk
            66 Cruiser

Comment

John - you're absolutely right that great customer service is the exception rather than the rule. How many times have we seen here, the guy at the FLAPS didn't bother digging into "the book" for the item that the next counterman (or the one before) spent 90 seconds researching and found either in stock or available overnight?
              It is our responsibility to do the PR for Studebakers - and to pass along tips about a deal, or a find, or some exceptional service. Or in this case perhaps all 3!
              I personally have no use for the bronze glass mentioned, but it gives me confidence that another tip will come along at some point that I can make use of. Also, how many times have you read something like this and 2 hours later had someone ask you about almost the same thing?

Thanks John and all who pass along this kind of information without hesitation.

55 Commander
              58 Transtar
              62 GT Hawk
              66 Cruiser

Comment

Just to clarify, the bronze glass was going to be cheaper then the clear or tinted, he sells it all, custom cut flat glass in laminate or tempered, rear glass and windshields.

JDP/Maryland
                64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                64 GT R2
                63 GT R2
                63 Lark 2 door
                58 Starlight
                52 & 53 Starliner
                51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Just to clarify, the bronze glass was going to be cheaper then the clear or tinted, he sells it all, custom cut flat glass in laminate or tempered, rear glass and windshields.

JDP/Maryland
                  64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                  64 GT R2
                  63 GT R2
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  58 Starlight
                  52 & 53 Starliner
                  51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

On page 95 of the August 2007 edition of Hemmings Muscle Machines there is an ad for PPGautoglass vintage group 877-855-8100 vintageglass@ppg.com
                    They say they have a large inventory so maybe those needing Studebaker Glass can contact PPG???

John Clements
                    Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                    Lockleys South Australia
                    John Clements
                    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

On page 95 of the August 2007 edition of Hemmings Muscle Machines there is an ad for PPGautoglass vintage group 877-855-8100 vintageglass@ppg.com
                      They say they have a large inventory so maybe those needing Studebaker Glass can contact PPG???

John Clements
                      Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                      Lockleys South Australia
                      John Clements
                      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                      X