TURN SIGNAL SWITCH NEED WIRING DIAGRAM 1955 President C Body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: TURN SIGNAL SWITCH NEED WIRING DIAGRAM 1955 President C Body

1955 President C body - with Stock Factory Turn signals in column. I need a more detailed switch wiring diagram than that shown in the 1955 Shop manual. There is a supplement to the schematic on page 110 showing turn signals. However, there is insufficient data (wire color and direction) to be of much help.

I have re-wired the harness in the column as it was entirely shorted out and rotten (cloth wrapped rubber wires). I used color-coded wires but not the factory colors. I did not disturb the wires coming away from the 6-way connector to their function throughout the car. The turn signal switch tests out correctly, and I can connect to all the terminals on the switch face. All is well except for soldering the wires (coming from their junction in the 6 way connector beneath the dashboard) to the switch posts.

FYI: The signal switch has six posts (actually soldered locations). Four posts are one one side of the terminal face, and two posts are on the opposing side. I have determined the following wire functions but not their proper location to solder onto the switch terminal posts:

Power in. Brake Light. Left turn front. Left turn rear. Right turn Front. Right turn Rear.

rough posts diagram for reference: (1) (2) (3) (4)

(5) (6)

(Wish I had the hang of posting pictures but I still have too many pixels.)

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the turn signal post functions showing more detail than the shop manual? If not, if you know what wire should go to what post, simply refer to them by number: E.G. Power in to Post (3) etc.

All help greatly appreciated!

Thanks All

C/B

I have it but you will have to email me so I can forward it to you.

BROWNSL3@PIE.MIDCO.NET

Comment

Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Many thanks to you all.

Today's Studebaker Score: Forum Experts 2 ..... Do-it-Yourselfer 0.
        Knew I could count this site!

C/B

Comment

Excellent to see this. Does the wire/color scheme apply to all early C-K/Hawk cars? (53-58)
          Toby Knoll Garage

www.tobyknollgarage.com
          ______

'51 Muntz Jet
          '53 Woodill Wildfire/Dodge
          '54 Hudson Hornet Grand National Tribute car
          '55 Studebaker Speedster/Cadillac
          '56 Corvette SR replica

Comment

Thank you Brad! This should resolve my confusion about the same subject on my '53 Commander Starliner.
            Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
            '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
            '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
            '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Working...
            X