PDA

View Full Version : 1963 Avanti

Rocket442
09-22-2012, 10:30 AM
Found a lead on a complete and original 1963 R1 at, ps, ac, all black interior white paint and aftermarket vintage spoke rims, . Its been sitting for about 15 years, after countess attempts to see if the car was up for sale i finally caught the owner at 6am and made a appointment to come back and make an offer, so with only 10 seconds to look at the car heres the body # 63R-Q 5069. Motor looks untouched and in great condition.
The interior surprisingly is still there as its sitting in Arizona under some shad but its in need of major work and reupholstery. it looks as if the car had some type of electrical issue and the owner just gave up. no cracks on the body or windows, no rust any where as its an AZ car, it does have all the trim and chrome. But the whole car needs help.
So whats the car worth and what do i offer $800.? no clue if the motor and trans is blown but i dont think so, will try to get some pics to post.
Production #s for 1963
2,282 for the R1
1,552 for the R2
Only the R1 had the AC option.

showbizkid
09-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Sitting under a shad? Sounds fishy to me :rolleyes: (whoop! whoop! Bad pun warning!)

Seriously, sounds like a cool find. can't wait to see the pix.

Welcome
09-22-2012, 11:48 AM
>>>so with only 10 seconds to look at the car heres the body # 63R-Q 5069. Motor looks untouched and in great condition. The interior surprisingly is still there as its sitting in Arizona under some shad but its in need of major work and reupholstery. it looks as if the car had some type of electrical issue and the owner just gave up. no cracks on the body or windows, no rust any where as its an AZ car, it does have all the trim and chrome. But the whole car needs help.<<<

:!:Nice find!!! WOW …you got all that (above) info in just 10 seconds …imagine how much more you could have found out had you ...an entire minute!?!?:D:cool:

sweetolbob
09-22-2012, 01:49 PM
If you can get it for $800 or a decent initial cost, it's hard to go wrong.

Realistically, the new interior is probably $4-6000 to do correctly if you include seats, dash, carpet et.al.

If paint, frame and hog troughs are good then no cost there. A decent running engine and tranny probably saves you $3500- $6000 depending on what parts need parts.

That said, you could probably buy a nice example in good mechanical and body condition in the $15,000 range so let those numbers help with your initial price.

Electrical issues in 1963 vehicles are not rocket science, so if you are the least bit handy, those should be readily solvable.

If it does need paint and/or hog troughs and you need to hire that out, it will get pricey quickly unless you have relatives in the body and paint business.

Hope it works out, great cars. Looking forward to the pictures.

Bob