PDA

View Full Version : What's the dollar value of a T12 (AS12-5P) Transmission - and the Chevy bolt pattern bellhousing?

wittsend
09-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Hello,

With the cooler, wetter weather on its way to So. Cal. in a month or so I'm looking to clear out some of my summer project "leftovers."

Specifically I have the T-12 (AS12-5P) automatic transmission (with convertor). From my limited understanding it seems to be a desirable transmission with its external cooling and, as I understand it a "heavy duty" rating??? Attached is the Chevy bolt pattern bellhousing. My questions are:

1. Is there any value in this transmission (please state amount)? When installed it had reverse, 1st/Low (when placed there) and I assume 2nd when placed in "Drive." The fluid was clean. Other than running in my backyard it never saw the street so that is all I can attest to.

2. Is there any value in separating the Chevy bellhousing from the transmission and trying to sell each separately?

I made mention of it being available a few months ago, but after 118 "looks" there were no relies. In part I'm thinking because at nearly 200 pound I didn't want to hassle shipping it, and a buyer wouldn't wanted to have paid the $hipping co$t. So, is it worth holding on to until the right person comes along? Or, am I better to just get its scrap value and clearing out things of little value that I'll never use?

Thank you for your input, Tom

Bullet
09-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Tom, I may be interested. My 64 needs a rebuild, leaking like a sif. I am here in TO. Email me.

Mark

wittsend
09-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Mark,
I sent you an email, but I'm not finding it "sent" either here on the site or in my regular mail. If you don't get it, re-post here and I'll try again. I'm in most of tomorrow.

Tom

Studebakercenteroforegon
09-22-2012, 10:28 PM
With the cable style kickdown this is really only correct for '65 - '66 V-8 cars.

Bullet
09-23-2012, 10:44 AM
But can is work on a 64? I know anything can be made to work, but would it be better to find a 64 tranny? I would use the bell housing and the converter from the 64 and the trans from the 65. Thoughts?

Mark