PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Springs 2013 Meet Web Site

wheelsm
09-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Hi everyone!

The web site for the SDC Meet in Colorado Springs 2013 is up and running! Visit www.sdcmeet.com. You can even make hotel reservations on-line using this site!

On-line registrations for the Meet will be available Monday, October 1st (at the latest).

Avantidon
09-24-2012, 12:44 PM
There needs ro be a little clarification to the above information. First of all the IMC led by Denny Foust had the EARLY DEPARTURE CHARGE removed from the contract so it does not apply.. I do understand that when you call the toll free number that they bring it up in the conversation. We are attempting to have that removed from the confirmation portion of the conversation when they confirm your room. Rest assured that it is not part of the SDC contract.

Avantidon
09-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Another fact that needs to be pointed out is that the IMC also renegotiated the pet fee and got it reduced to a $25.00 non-refundable fee instead of the $50.00 that is listed above. Hopefully this will clarify the above two items. Yes, I did just check the signed amended contract for both of these issues.

wheelsm
09-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Perhaps and only a perhaps......everything should have been proofed and/or renegotiated, if that was the case, prior to rushing and getting the hotel information up! I do understand timelines, but 1st the information which is posted, needs to be correct.....thus the timeline can be pushed back if necessary. All it would have taken was a call to the forum administrator to hold off on the posting! Will the renegotiated items whether a deletion (early departure fee) or reduction (pet fee), be corrected on the host, Crowne Plaza pages, as well as stopping the hotel staff, from discussing the higher fees? As that is nice to know, on this forum, but what about the members who aren't members to this SDC forum and how will they know, if the information they are told by the hotel is correct or not?

Hi Glen.

You can blame me. The Meet Booklet for the Colorado Springs Meet had nothing about the early departure fee nor the pet fee. I found this out when I called the Crowne Plaza's toll-free number to book my own hotel reservation. The operator on the phone informed me of these additional fees during the booking. I decided to add this information to the SDC Meet web site without consulting the local chapter or the IMC. My thought was: "better to let people know about it ahead of time!" I found out today while speaking with Don Jones (Avantidon) that the operator I spoke to was mistaken. (Apparently it was a national operator, not local to the hotel in Colorado Springs.) These items had been renegotiated as part of the Meet contract with the local hotel.

Your point that these things should have been proofed before rushing the web site is correct. But, the local chapter DID review the web site. I added these hotel tidbits later. Sooner or later you have to pull the trigger on these things. If you wait until everything is set in concrete, no information would ever go out. Meet planning is always constant. Issues arrive and plans are changed. We just have to keep updating the web site and Turning Wheels announcements.

wheelsm
09-24-2012, 05:28 PM
We'll try our best! As soon as I hear new information, I will update the web site as quickly as possible.

Sam Ensley
10-09-2012, 09:50 PM
I just registered for the Crowne Plaza about an hour ago. The $75.00 fee for early arrival was left in the registration, but since I was registering online, I didn't do anything about it. We don't plan to be leaving early anyway. If an emergency does come up, we'll handle it then. We're only staying four nights and the total cost, including taxes, etc. was $476. It appears to be a nice place.

Avantidon
10-11-2012, 08:45 AM
Sam, we have communicated with our contact at the Hotel about this but it appears to be a standard on their app and we may not be able to get it removed from the site BUT IT DEFINITELY DOES NOT APPLY. We will keep trying.

Sdude
03-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Are the T-Shirts being sold in advance?

DrDon
03-03-2013, 06:40 PM
I got a T-shirt at the South Bend meet in July. Nice.