Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Universal Studebaker Taillights now available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Studebaker Taillights now available!

Yes, universal Studebaker taillights are now available to fit 1956 Hawks, 1961 Larks and 1948 Commanders. They can be used as is on the Larks and Commanders, but will require some top shaping to fit the round chrome taillight bezel on the 1956 Hawks. Unfortunately, they look suspiciously like Lada taillights, being red and orange, and you may have to go to Cuba to get some.

Seriously, I did see them in use on all three of these types of cars. The 1956 Skyhawk hardtop (very rare) was for sale, but it was extremely rough, and had lots of bondo in it.

I talked to a 1954 Champion owner who said that Studebaker parts were very hard to come by. He had to change the engine: He replaced it with a four cylinder diesel motor from ... (see if you can guess, answer at end)

Another Cuban advised me that Studebakers were not as desirable as the old Chevs and Fords, because Chevs and Fords are more readily adaptable to other manufacturers' parts.

And of course, the secret answer is: Lada (again!)

Sorry no photos, our camera was either lost or stolen.

I thought this was going to be a thread about the generic one size-fits-all ads that crop up in a search on eBay.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I thought this was going to be a thread about the generic, one-size-fits-all, ads that crop up in a search on eBay.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

I guess if you are in Cuba, a universal Trailer Tail Light would work fine. One size fits all!
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
        X