Lark update and a PS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark update and a PS

Reporting on the status of my paint bombed '59 Lark.

The window glass is now free of paint and the bucket seats are reinstalled although they need covering of some sort. Nothing neat under the seats.

I installed a battery and fuel line and filter. The hard line from the fuel pump was loose and that was fixed. Tried to reinstall the radiator but ... the one I got with car was wrong; too skinny and too tall. Looks like a new one is in the works.

Had to get it into the garage this afternoon, so after putting in a new rotor I dumped some fuel in the tank and some in the carb. Had an immediate "fuel fall" out the back of the carb. Obviously needs a rebuild.

Anyhow, the Lark is now in the garage; clutch and starter work even if the brakes don't.

In the works, Turner fronts and new hard lines and soft lines for the brake and fuel systems. Then to steam or pressure wash everything. SInce paint is aways off primer will be next (maybe two tone primer like it will be painted).

Goal is to be able to drive to the local hot rod show next July 4th and get the Pikes Peak chapter involved too.

No update until next spring as we will be wintering in Florida.

Mike

PS The gas tank seems to want to leak a little high test

got my '59 Lark

Congrats on the "progress", and the plan.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Congrats on the "progress", and the plan.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
      '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
      Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
      I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Working...
      X