They stole my gas cap last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They stole my gas cap last night

Actually, they stole my gas, too. Siphoned out at least 10 gallons, and apparently kept the cap as a trophy.

Losing the gas doesn't bother me as much as losing the cap

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Post a guard with a shotgun and shoot first and ask questions later Clark. That'll stop them. -
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

My dad had a locking gas cap on his 65 wagonaire. Now I don't know if it's a good idea since theives are drilling holes in gas tanks anyway.

Comment

Guess, there is nothing scared, any more, in that former "sleepy back water" Navy town, which at one time had more truck farms, cows and dairies in Mission Valley, than cars and wall to wall buildings. Sorry for your loss, Clark!.....I can tell you that we paid a "Kings Ransom," per gallon, the past 4 days, for the same gas that we get in the "Zone", for 45 cents less......Start checking eBay or Craigslist, for that missing gas cap! Crooks do stupid things, afterwards!

Comment

If I were you, I might check and be sure nothing was put in the tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
            My dad had a locking gas cap on his 65 wagonaire. Now I don't know if it's a good idea since theives are drilling holes in gas tanks anyway.
            That would be fun to watch! Once the gas drips into the drill motor and ignites, anyway...

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Used a locking cap on all my older rigs. Came out one morning to my caps on the ground back in high school. I had an 81 Chevy with "saddlebag" tanks, both tanks empty. Switched over that day.
              1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                Actually, they stole my gas, too. Siphoned out at least 10 gallons, and apparently kept the cap as a trophy.

Losing the gas doesn't bother me as much as losing the cap
                Heck of a plan to steal gas. They distract you by crashing the site and then while you're occupied steal your gas and cap. Crafty little buggers !

Comment

How far away from you does Mel Gibson live? He might be having a Road Warrior moment?
                  Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

This is weird, and I'm not admitting anything.

My friend called me this morning and asked if we could go to lunch together. Unusual, but not rare. So we go to a new place to eat. It was good. He said he had a gift for me in his truck. I figured it was money. Well, I can dream can't I? So after lunch we go out to his truck but he goes to the tailgate. Can't see in the bed cuz he has a shell. Opens it up and pulls out a 5-gallon can of gas. Just gives it to me. 5 gallons of gas. hmmm. Says it is ethanol free for the airplane. How far is it to San Diego?

Comment

I put a Zip Van gas cap on my '40, it's literally chained down so nobody will steal that!
                      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Bass Turds,

Sorry dude. you can borrow my pellet gun if you like.

Dean.

Comment

I once had someone break into one of my (non-Stude) cars. The thought of someone out there molesting your pride and joy hurts a lot worst than the actual aftermath most of the time.

I have a locking gas cap on the '63. I really appreciate having it too. There are enough kids in my neighborhood that could come up with unsavory things to do with gas from my easy-to-siphon tank.

Sorry for your loss Clark. If you want an ugly old cap from a '60, I have a spare lying around. 'Course, they day after you installed it, they'd just take it off and steal more gas, so maybe you aught to stick to a locking gas cap.
                          '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

I had a -62 Chrysler New Port (good truck/work-horse, big trunk & strong car!) some years ago & at the end of a weekend-visit was gonna drive home... I'd been smart(?) enough to park the car with the rear up to the side-walk after filling it up... Drove up to our friends door to load & when we were about to leave it wouldn't make even a "poff", I'd been driving it up to the door on what was left in the carb!
                            60 liters of gasoline... gone... BUT! they'd replaced the cap!

Comment

...& ofcourse I have to say that I know the feeling & I do feel sorry for you.
                              (& the thing with the Chrysler is that the cap is located behind the number-plate, wonder how they knew?)

Comment

Working...
                              X