55 President coupe - Atlanta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 President coupe - Atlanta

I haven't seen this car and know nothing about it. But it looks like a screamin' deal if you can live with the Lemon/Lime.

Attached Files

Sure looks like a deal for someone! One of my earliest Stude buddies had a red and white one of these there in the Atlanta area. I've always wondered what became of it after he sold it.
    I had a 55 Commander coupe for a time when I lived there, but I know what became of it - the next owner thrashed it within a year of buying it from me.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Matt, I agree with your color taste and normally keep my mouth shut. It amazes me how many comments are made on this forum by people who say that is the only color scheme a Speedster can have. yuck.

Comment

It looks like he is trying to make it look like a Speedster.
        I notice that the pricing reference that he gives is for a hardtop (K body), that this car isn't.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Not dual exhaust, either, that I can see. Converted to 12V. A great buy for someone, but would need a close up inspection.
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I also tried the pricing reference for a Commander Regal 2dr HT and the prices came out the same (lol). Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
              I also tried the pricing reference for a Commander Regal 2dr HT and the prices came out the same (lol). Go figure.
              But the car is a coupe (C body), not a hardtop (K body).
              It is strange that a President and a Commander would have the same pricing. That is why they are price "GUIDES".
              Last edited by studegary; 09-20-2012, 10:23 AM. Reason: missing )
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Was that combination available on non Speedsters?

Comment

Exactly, Gary. You even said so in your post. So from that reference I compared a President HT to a Commander Regal HT and found no price difference. Stupid, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
                    Matt, I agree with your color taste and normally keep my mouth shut. It amazes me how many comments are made on this forum by people who say that is the only color scheme a Speedster can have. yuck.
                    To:BobGlasscock,----- It's probably because the fourteen original showcars were the green/yellow....so that's the 'original' color....and like that color combo or not, it's certainly the most 'glitzy'.

Comment

I like the Lemon and Lime combo on a Speedster, but the colors just look wrong on any other Stude.

Here's one from the recent IDYSD!

Comment

What's with these Studebakers on the side of the highway with their hoods up????

Comment

There was a nicer one on Ebay a while back:Click image for larger version

Name:	speed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	1675561Click image for larger version

Name:	int.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1675562Click image for larger version

Name:	non.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1675563

John

Comment

To: Johnnywhiffer,----That '55 Speedster-Coupe is an interesting car. Someone took great pains to create a Speedster out of a coupe. Must have had a derilict Speedster parts car on hand, and a solid
                            coupe. I wonder why they didn't follow through and install the '55 Speedster dashboard/steering wheel/column? Anyway, it does look like a nice car!

Comment

I may have seen this car, or one like it - a 1955 coupe painted to look like a Speedster. The one I saw was very nice.

I think this just has the normal deluxe trim, including the regular President/Commander/Champion hood ornament (althought the front is gold on the President), not the long Speedster hood ornament. This is just a nice President coupe, painted like a Speedster with regular trim. It is also missing the leather upholstery and the back window halo. The interior looks very nice original or close to original.

Comment

Working...
                              X