PDA

View Full Version : 1964 carpet

Boehm
09-19-2012, 02:06 PM
This winter the seats will come out, and the green carpet will be replaced.
where can I find carpet, or who can I call?
The car is a 64 Wagonaire with a spare tire. Any leads would be helpful.
Also, just got my brake booster back from Oregon. He did a Nice job, great price.
Thanks for the help
Steve Boehm

K-Hawk
09-21-2012, 06:21 AM
many upoloster shops can custom make carpet that fits fine. Be sure to get firewall padding will make car quieter and more comfortable. same with the floor padding rust proof, padding, carpet. I would guestimate 450 to 700 dollars.

stude1964
09-21-2012, 08:18 AM
When I did my '64 wagon I had Rene Harger now going by Downeast LLC I think. He's in Knoxville,TN. He did all my carpets including the cargo area,3rd seat & I asked that he make an extra piece for sitting on my tailgate. I can email pics to anyone but can't seem to post here. They look real nice & the blue vinyl is right on!

Boehm
09-21-2012, 10:17 AM
My email address is steve@bdmotors.net
Thanks

Randy Ridenour
09-21-2012, 03:03 PM
I installed a Rene Harger carpet set in my Hawk this spring. I paid a little more for it but the fit and finished product were worth it.

Randy

mbstude
09-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Rene did correct carpeting for my '57 President Broadmoor wagon. Like Randy said, it was worth the expense.

http://southeaststudebaker.com/

bezhawk
09-22-2012, 09:01 AM
Most local upholstery shops can make up carpet sets. If you have the old one for a pattern then it's better. Use Rene if you can wait a long,long time

ddub
09-22-2012, 09:07 AM
I recently ordered some carpet from Rene, got it very fast, faster than promised. Very satisfied.

johnandcathy
10-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Rene Harger at SE Studebaker made the carpet including the cargo area- he was the only one who "knew: there are seven pieces" to it. If you order prior to the first of the month you will have it by end of month. EXCELLENT quality. (we have the 64 Daytona Wagonaire) http://southeaststudebaker.com he did mine just a couple of months ago. All padding is attached to the carpet when you get it. We also have a 63 Lark Wagonaire and he will be doing that carpet this winter. Thanks Cathy