PDA

View Full Version : 4 door Hawk

K-Hawk
09-18-2012, 12:47 AM
I was searching Images of Hawks and found this 4 door. Anyone know anything about it.

showbizkid
09-18-2012, 01:09 AM
If that's real, it's certainly interesting!

jimmijim8
09-18-2012, 06:53 AM
That is nice. I hope that is real. I would like to own it. I might even trade my 2 door for it but then again, I like a more-door. Looks like bout front doors may be shortened bout 4 inches. Any info on it? jimmijim

JEWELL
09-18-2012, 07:18 AM
What a great looking car, makes you wonder how it would have sold new if Studebaker had produced it. If it is real, are there more of them to be found? Maybe TW can track it down and do a story on this car. It would be a great read.

jclary
09-18-2012, 07:31 AM
Knowing what we (WE) know about our Studebaker frames...there would have to be some serious work underneath to make this Hawk a viable (or even safe) ride.

I am glad that Studebaker didn''t put something like this into production. Like the four-door Thunderbird...this could have turned the "HAWK" brand into a real "Turkey!"

Real or not, the picture looks much better than the image conjured up in my mind before clicking on the thread.

56H-Y6
09-18-2012, 07:36 AM
Hi

Love it! Even if it is a PhotoShop image, it looks great!

Steve

8E45E
09-18-2012, 07:43 AM
It does look nice! As others have said, the frame and the body would need extensive re-work to support a free-standing B-pillar that has to carry a fair amount of weight.

Craig

jimmijim8
09-18-2012, 08:11 AM
I don't think it would be brain surgery. As most know, GM and bout every body else did it. A competent could do it. Gonna have to be more than just a rusty Stude fixer-upper. cheers jimmijim

mr moto
09-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Sorry but it's not real. See the link below:

http://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog/what-if-1962-studebaker-gran-turismo-eagle-could-it-have-out-mustanged-the-mustang/

Still looks like a great idea! Somebody get in touch with Studebaker management! :D

8E45E
09-18-2012, 08:24 AM
I don't think it would be brain surgery. As most know, GM and bout every body else did it. A competent could do it. cheers jimmijim

Are you up to the challenge? :)

Craig

jimmijim8
09-18-2012, 09:14 AM
My brain could handle it I think, but my body is shot. I used to play guitar. My left hand now can't even pick my nose. Fixing a rust bucket is a challenge and I been there done that and learned the hard way. I don't want or need any feathers in my cap that in the long run cost as much or more than a nice turn key. I'd rather buy a clean car to start. There's is as you know more old cars on the market than the market can bear. Result: great deals abound cause collectors are passing at an increasing rate. No offense intended. I may be gone tomorrow and have my acquaintenances hounding at my door for my car. My ole-lady will probably just dump my car. She could care less to get the ultimate price and just want it out of the way. I don't have any relatives that I would even give my car to cause they couldn't/wouldn't take care of it or appreciate it. Maybe a good idea would be giving it to a charity org. after I clock out so my wifey or relative of choice can claim an Old Car Price Guide whopper of an income tax deduction. cheers jimmijim

JEWELL
09-18-2012, 10:21 AM
Ok, so its not real, I still want one.

ddub
09-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Looks like it could have worked. I think suicide doors would have looked good. The car has some things in common with the contemporary Lincolns.

raprice
09-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Wow! That would be one classy looking car.
Rog

cultural infidel
09-18-2012, 12:53 PM
i dig it. I am a bigger fan of more-doors than 2 doors.

63t-cab
09-18-2012, 03:50 PM
John, I did'nt know T-bird had any 4 doors. they messed up when they went with rear seat though,at least I think so.
Knowing what we (WE) know about our Studebaker frames...there would have to be some serious work underneath to make this Hawk a viable (or even safe) ride.

I am glad that Studebaker didn''t put something like this into production. Like the four-door Thunderbird...this could have turned the "HAWK" brand into a real "Turkey!"

Real or not, the picture looks much better than the image conjured up in my mind before clicking on the thread.

K-Hawk
09-18-2012, 04:24 PM
John, I did'nt know T-bird had any 4 doors. they messed up when they went with rear seat though,at least I think so.

63t- cab I think all the 4 door t birds were 68-70 and all had suicide doors very cool look on the big birds.

jclary
09-18-2012, 04:24 PM
John, I didn't know T-bird had any 4 doors. they messed up when they went with rear seat though,at least I think so.

If I miss-spoke, it won't be the last time. I was under the impression they built a four-door bird sometime before they nearly ruined the name with those awful Granada-birds and Fairmont-birds as I heard them referred to back about thirty or so years ago.

mbstude
09-18-2012, 05:30 PM
Yep, 4 door T-Birds were a thing.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2581/3825449007_c31dd67598.jpg

DudeStude
09-18-2012, 07:26 PM
The 1961 Continental started off as a design for a Tbird

K-Hawk
09-19-2012, 01:28 AM
could you put a hawk front end on to a president , 4 door hawk, station wagon hawk,,,,, just a thought

qsanford
09-19-2012, 10:21 AM
There were some very nice photoshopped examples of "what if" 1955 C/K bodies done as four door sedans. Very impressive! They were posted not too long ago if I recall correctly. What I would like to see are photoshopped examples of what the Starliner would have looked like with the sedan platform.