Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

maui blue and nocturne blue, interior color??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maui blue and nocturne blue, interior color??

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	1736458
    Hi every one, at the moment I'm painting my 53 hardtop in maui blue and the roof nocturne blue,
    and my question is what color should I install for the vinyl, the car had a golden tan interior,
    most of the pictures in the web show only the outside of the car,
    also my car is missing the metal part that goes under the rear fender, the painted piece, does any body knows where I can buy this piece of metal,
    the car is located in central Mexico, Aguascalientes,

Welcome, Javier!

Javier is a true blue Studebaker enthusiast. He has several special Studes including this rust free original. He is a big supporter of Studebaker in the Carrera Panamericana which generally is routed through is home town each year.

Please give him all the help you can.

Javier...I assume you mean the piece under the rear bumper. That was a one year only piece on the '53. It was quite narrow and didn't trim off much. It was widened in '54 with a single exhaust cut out. In later years it had 2 exhaust cut outs. Any one (53-64) will fit your car, but only the '53 would be original.
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Originally posted by javier villanueva ruiz View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]17602[/ATTACH]
      Hi every one, at the moment I'm painting my 53 hardtop in maui blue and the roof nocturne blue,
      and my question is what color should I install for the vinyl, the car had a golden tan interior,
      also my car is missing the metal part that goes under the rear fender, the painted piece, does any body knows where I can buy this piece of metal,
      I am not sure what you are looking for in information. If the car has "...a golden tan interior...", then the vinyl should be Golden Tan.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

If Javier is referring to the rear gravel deflector, the '53 is simple to make with straight sheet metal and a sheet metal brake. I made my own with the deteriorated original as a pattern; then sold the original at a swap meet for $15. I posted photos and dimensions on this forum a couple years ago. Can't find it now with the Advanced Search. Can re-photo and measure if necessary.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          I am not sure what you are looking for in information. If the car has "...a golden tan interior...", then the vinyl should be Golden Tan.
          welcome javier!!!

Mr. L: i believe he's asking what color of interior was available with the exterior color(s) he will be painting his '53. or he wants to know what we think would look good. he stated the interior "had" a golden tan interior.

i'd go with the lighter of the blues with maybe some white trim. golden tan would also look fine!

de nuevo, bienvenido! or is it otra vez, bienvenido? it's been awhile...
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
            welcome javier!!!

Mr. L: i believe he's asking what color of interior was available with the exterior color(s) he will be painting his '53. or he wants to know what we think would look good. he stated the interior "had" a golden tan interior.

i'd go with the lighter of the blues with maybe some white trim. golden tan would also look fine!

de nuevo, bienvenido! or is it otra vez, bienvenido? it's been awhile...
            If that is his question, I would stick with the Golden Tan vinyl. The other option would be Scarlet Red vinyl. These would be the only ones correct for the car. If he wants a custom, then the sky is the limit.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by javier villanueva ruiz View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]17602[/ATTACH]
              The car's original color was coral red and ivory, I'm trying to get an original interior even if the colors are not from the 53 year,
              I have been reading past posts and for thr year 53 there where very few interior combinations and the official dash color was loma gray.
              I have seen very few original cars and would like some advise on the gray or blue interior and if any body knows a vendor for the vinyl, for the trim I will go with the original pattern, the car is running good and and has 6 volts,
              the rims will go out and install the original hub caps.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0900.jpg
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	1675515Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0905.jpg
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1675516

Comment

Great looking car, Javier.

I'm struggling with the same decision for my 53, which is also going to be Maui Blue. I'll be interested to see what you decide.
                Dave Nevin
                Corvallis, OR
                1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
                Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Brad Johnson,
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I highly recommend a copy of "Studebaker's Finest" by John Bridges as a guide, where it list the colors that were available on hardtops that year. As Gary states, Golden Tan would be the correct 'all vinyl' seat option for your car.

Craig

Comment

Thank you I have a copy of Studebakers finest, most of the pictures are in black and white, I will use tyhe color names, and try to buy some vinyl samples from southeast,
                      this Forum has helped me a lot, there are very few technical resources for Studebaker cars down here, but there are still a lot of good old school crafstman of all trades, some are hard to find and they love to do the work.
                      If someone knoks the dimensions for the rear gravel deflector under the rear bumper, or can send some pictures it can be a 54-64 model.

Comment

Javier, The deflector in '54 was very different. The '53 was one year only and very simple to construct from sheet steel. I will take measurements and photos. The later deflectors are available in reproductions.
                        Brad Johnson,
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                        X