• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: 2012 Pure Stock Drags, now w/ more photos

Here ya' go:

http://racingstudebakers.com/foo/vie...php?f=1&t=2688

Woo-hoo!

If you checked the Racing Studebakers topic earlier, look again. I found five nice photos of the Studes on the Buick V8 Board and patched them over to the Studebaker Racing Forum report. BP
    Last edited by BobPalma; 09-17-2012, 05:26 AM.
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I'll try to post some pics, too, Bob. It was great to be there, again, and see you and all the Stude crew. Left after the last round of shoot outs, about 4:30. Drove straight to Barrie and was home by 11:30 pm. The more I drive the little hardtop, the better it runs. I filled up in Port Huron (USA) and still had half a tank of gas when I got home, and that was about three hundred more miles! Should have been in a Mobilegas economy run
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

'Glad you got back safely with the Terrorist Dog, Dave! BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks for posting the PSMCDR report Bob...WOW on Steve's impressive win against the Monte Carlo SS454! I can just picture George running around looking for those S/C belts, grabbing a couple from his stash, looking at them, not really knowing which ones to use and going for it!. Congratulations to all the racers, Ted Harbit, Chuck Kern, and to Peter Sant for breaking into the 13's, WOW that is impressive! His R2 Avanti, with air conditioning weighs approximately the same as my Hawk, and getting into the 13's is a big accomplishment. I sure wish I could have been there, sunny with blue skies and cool temperature would have made a perfect racing weekend,...maybe next year.

Allen
        1964 GT Hawk
        PSMCDR 2014
        Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
        PSMCDR 2013
        Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by studebaker-R2-4-me View Post
          Thanks for posting the PSMCDR report Bob...WOW on Steve's impressive win against the Monte Carlo SS454! I can just picture George running around looking for those S/C belts, grabbing a couple from his stash, looking at them, not really knowing which ones to use and going for it!. Congratulations to all the racers, Ted Harbit, Chuck Kern, and to Peter Sant for breaking into the 13's, WOW that is impressive! His R2 Avanti, with air conditioning weighs approximately the same as my Hawk, and getting into the 13's is a big accomplishment. I sure wish I could have been there, sunny with blue skies and cool temperature would have made a perfect racing weekend,...maybe next year. Allen
          'Sorry you couldn't attend, Allen; you were missed! Plenty of room in the pits, for sure.

BTW, Steve's R3 Challenger beat a GTO, not a Monte Carlo. Two of the Studes (Steve's R1 Commander and Ted's Stude Tomato) ran against Malibu SS cars: The R1 ran against a 1970 SS396, whereas Ted ran against a 1972 SS454.

'Hope to see you next year. BP

Comment

You are good man Bob Palma and true to your word. Thanks for the pictures and the write up on the Pure Stock efforts of the Studebaker Boys.
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Okey dokey. My pics are from Friday, before the shootouts, when they determine who will pair up. For the Stude folks, the pit area is the happenin place to be (Also Frank with the blue Dodge Dart screamer made his pit the place to be on Saturday when he graciously fed all of us with cheese steak sandwiches). Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	1675522Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1675523Click image for larger version

Name:	006.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1675524Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1675525Click image for larger version

Name:	011.jpg
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1675526

Comment

Check out Peter’s times, I see his times were 14.013, 13.999, and 13.992 just a little better each round. That's consistency! That's makes him a winner.
                Congratulations to all.
                Richard
                The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

A few more. Click image for larger version

Name:	009.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	1675527Click image for larger version

Name:	010.jpg
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	1675528Click image for larger version

Name:	012.jpg
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1675529Click image for larger version

Name:	013.jpg
ID:	1675530Click image for larger version

Name:	014.jpg
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	1675531Click image for larger version

Name:	016.jpg
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	1675532Click image for larger version

Name:	017.jpg
ID:	1675533Click image for larger version

Name:	018.jpg
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1675534Click image for larger version

Name:	018.jpg
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1675534Click image for larger version

Name:	020.jpg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	1675535

Comment

Again the drags are a event that brings back a lot of fond memories.

But either my hearing is going to cr@p or they are requiring much more restrictive mufflers as there is a visceral element missing.

Almost like watching it on TV.

On the positive side, my brother, myself and his friend had a good time taking in the rest of the atmosphere.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by 63larkr1 View Post
                      Check out Peter’s times, I see his times were 14.013, 13.999, and 13.992 just a little better each round. That's consistency! That's makes him a winner.
                      Congratulations to all.
                      Richard
                      I was just wondering what happen to you, Richard? Was your Lark broken down? Or did you simply have other commitments that got in the way this year, which happen to me. You and your Lark have been a mainstay of the Pure Stocks for years and were obviously missed.

Allen

Allen
                      1964 GT Hawk
                      PSMCDR 2014
                      Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                      PSMCDR 2013
                      Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Allen,
                        I decided to retire the R1 after last year. My R1 has done all I ask it to do and so we let it rest. I have been trying to get my Challenger done and on the track. It’s not a Pure Stock car and I have raced it but it needs a lot of tuning.
                        Thanks for asking,
                        Richard
                        The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Working...
                        X