PDA

View Full Version : My '64 Avanti Watch

09-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Several weeks ago I was testing the filtered search for Studebaker parts on eBay and I happened to stumble on a watch described as a 1964 Studebaker Avanti watch. My bid was high (only bid) for $.99. Shipping was listed as $13.99 (from Hong Kong). I decided I could gamble $15 just to see how it looked in person. Today I received it. Disregard the ugly wrist in the picture, but I was well impressed with the watch. Believe it or not, it was running when I took it out of the padded envelope and it was set for my local time. They were decribed as "fits most". I guess I'm a "most" because it it a very comfortable fit.

Roscomacaw
09-15-2012, 09:11 PM
That's pretty cool, Paul! Wish I saw the need to wear a watch anymore, but I don't. Since I carry what I call my "pocket watch" (cell phone), i whip it out when I care as to what time it si.

09-16-2012, 06:40 AM
That's pretty cool, Paul! Wish I saw the need to wear a watch anymore, but I don't. Since I carry what I call my "pocket watch" (cell phone), i whip it out when I care as to what time it si.
As do most people these days. I would if I could, but cell phones don't work at my house.
Most kids now days don't know how to read an analog clock.