hubcap eye candy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hubcap eye candy!

This is a pic of one of the caps that I just ordered. I thought some of you would like to see this. I can't believe how nice they come out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02233.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	1736434
    Jim Rostron

Really first class! Sure beats the originals that I have on my car.
    1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

That is impressive for sure.

Comment

VERY nice. Are the "painted" areas paint or decal/stickers?
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

So you're running 15" wheels on your '58?
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Gee, be careful. You mignt put a thumb print on that beautiful thing. That really is a nice piece.
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
              So you're running 15" wheels on your '58?
              Yeah Bob, I am thinking that the only way you could not get originality deductions, would be if you had a Production Order that specified "15 inch Wheels". There were a very few of them, mostly on long wheelbase "Y" bodies where they practically drag on the ground with 14 inch wheels!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

The production order isn't required for most any other option. Why would it be needed if 15" wheels were optional?

I ran 15's on my '58 Commander when I owned it, only because I hated the looks of the 14" wheelcovers. Who cares about points deductions.

While we're on the topic of shiny, this gas door guard will soon be adorning Jim's hardtop. He'll need sunglasses just to look at his car if he keeps going at this rate.

Comment

Very nice gas Door Guard Matt!

Yes all QUESTIONABLE very rare, uncommon items on vehicles have to be verified by the Production Order or the Dealer Sales Invoice, otherwise there is no way to tell if the vehicle came from the Dealer or Factory as it now is.

Cars special ordered with leather interiors, 289 Engines in '60 Larks, Station Wagon Roof Racks on Sedans, wrong color paint for MOST cars that year etc.
                  Last edited by StudeRich; 09-15-2012, 02:01 PM.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                    VERY nice. Are the "painted" areas paint or decal/stickers?
                    Its all paint!
                    Jim Rostron

Comment

I have my production order and it does include the 15" wheels.

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      Yeah Bob, I am thinking that the only way you could not get originality deductions, would be if you had a Production Order that specified "15 inch Wheels". There were a very few of them, mostly on long wheelbase "Y" bodies where they practically drag on the ground with 14 inch wheels!
                      Jim Rostron

Comment

When I was at the National show in York Pa a few years ago they questioned the 15" hubcaps stating that they were not correct for the year. I convinced they that they were and they did not deduct for them. Now I carry an accessory book with me. But... why would an accessory have to be from the year of the car? For instance I just purchased off Ebay a Studebaker flash light that attaches to the steering column. As a removable accessory I think it wouldn't matter what year it's from???
                        Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                        Very nice gas Door Guard Matt!

Yes all QUESTIONABLE very rare, uncommon items on vehicles have to be verified by the Production Order or the Dealer Sales Invoice, otherwise there is no way to tell if the vehicle came from the Dealer or Factory as it now is.

Cars special ordered with leather interiors, 289 Engines in '60 Larks, Station Wagon Roof Racks on Sedans, wrong color paint for MOST cars that year etc.
                        Jim Rostron

Comment

Here's a few pics, Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0507.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1675493Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0510.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1675494
                          Jim Rostron

Comment

If YOU like it, that's all that matters. As I've said many times here - owning a "museum piece" with recurrent verifications of it's authenticity is NOT what I'd call "fun". The fact that I don't have any big trophies to dust is another plus. The fact that I don't live in mortal fear of a stone chip is another.
                            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

To each their own Rosco. I drive my car and I love making it into what it is. I don't worry about chips but I improve on it all I can. I don't care about trophies, sorry I just like the car and all Studebakers.

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                              If YOU like it, that's all that matters. As I've said many times here - owning a "museum piece" with recurrent verifications of it's authenticity is NOT what I'd call "fun". The fact that I don't have any big trophies to dust is another plus. The fact that I don't live in mortal fear of a stone chip is another.
                              Jim Rostron

Comment

Working...
                              X