Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Meet the Nicest Folks

At the Perkins, Oklahoma car show!:

AND... you will also see some really neat Studebakers, and other interesting vehicles!:

These are only a few examples! I'm disappointed that I don't have more Stude and other orphan pics to share from past shows, but I'm usually too busy to spend the time I'd like taking pics.

Studebakers are always well represented, appreciated, and score well at our show.

We usually have around 250 cars on site.

Breakfast includes plenty of hot coffee, cinnamon rolls, biscuits and gravy, etc.

Lunch consists of cold drinks, great burgers, some BBQ, 'n such, with trimmings... all served inside of the high school commons area, in air conditioned comfort.

This also happens to be where the awards are given out, while the show field is patrolled by the local police department:

All proceeds from the show go to scholarships for deserving Perkins High School students.

All proceeds from food sales go to support senior class functions, including, but not limited to alcohol-free alternatives for celebrating prom night, etc.

Our 2011 50/50 POT was $2200!

AND... We strive to have you, your car, and your award on your way home by 2 PM, because we understand how important Saturdays are to you, and yours!

We'd LOVE to see you at our show this year!:

Register here!:

Last edited by Studedude; 09-28-2012, 04:01 PM.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

How neat! A Studebaker Kiss Cam!!

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
      How neat! A Studebaker Kiss Cam!!
      This particular Studebaker Kiss Cam shot is really a special thing, given how close Carl (WE) came to losing Betty not so long ago!

I think it is time for you and your Champion to visit us in Oklahoma, Bob! (Consider this an official invite.) <G>
      Last edited by Studedude; 09-14-2012, 07:33 PM.
      sigpic
      Dave Lester

Comment

Betty was suppose to go to a family reunion that day but she said she would rather go to Perkins. We will stop by the house from Wisconsin and pick up the 48 and come on down.

Comment

Great pix, Dave!
          Love that lip-lockin' action from the Purdys!
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by ST2DE5 View Post
            Betty was suppose to go to a family reunion that day but she said she would rather go to Perkins. We will stop by the house from Wisconsin and pick up the 48 and come on down.
            We look forward to seeing you and Betty at our show, Carl.

You are each very special, very lucky folks!

Only each of you have each other.

The combination of the two of you is no less than awesome.

And, we are lucky to know each, and both, of you!
            Last edited by Studedude; 09-14-2012, 08:22 PM.
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

You are still number one on my list, Dave. Just gotta get the OD situation fixed. That's a long trip at 45 mph.

Comment

Wow, an excellent 1958 Golden Hawk in red & white and still with 14 inch wheels - both rare.
                "STUDI" is a "different" way to abreviate Studebaker.
                I think that fender skirts ruin the lines of that Valiant.
                That Mercury is a nicely done chop/custom.
                I took a Gremlin in on trade on my 1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring. In a men's room at work, I overheard two guys talking about needing a first car for their daughter. I sold the Gremlin to the one that needed the car.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Just a reminder... Perkins Car show tomorrow!

Looks like the Chamber of Commerce took control of the weather, should be drop-dead gorgeous day for a car show!

Sadly, Carl and Betty had a conflict, but if you come, we'll try to treat you right!
                  sigpic
                  Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
                    You are still number one on my list, Dave. Just gotta get the OD situation fixed. That's a long trip at 45 mph.
                    I was recently told that Studes run better in UNDER drive, Bob. <G>

Maybe next year!
                    sigpic
                    Dave Lester

Comment

Very nice post.

Thank you.

Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by dean pearson View Post
                        Very nice post.

Thank you.

Dean.
                        Glad you enjoyed it, Dean.

What might have started out being about cars, if we are lucky, evolves into being about folks, eh?

I appreciate all of the neat cars I have had the pleasure of admiring over the years spent in the hobby, but that appreciation is, by far, shadowed by the pleasure/honor experienced through being exposed to/getting to know some really neat folks!

The folks make the cars possible, the cars make meeting the folks possible.

All in all, a pretty neat deal!
                        sigpic
                        Dave Lester

Comment

Yeah, under-drive. I heard that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                            What might have started out being about cars, if we are lucky, evolves into being about folks, eh?

I appreciate all of the neat cars I have had the pleasure of admiring over the years spent in the hobby, but that appreciation is, by far, shadowed by the pleasure/honor experienced through being exposed to/getting to know some really neat folks!

The folks make the cars possible, the cars make meeting the folks possible.
                            exactly why i'm still here after a really bad year! i am not giving up - and hope to be able to have my next Stude and my health back to "good enough", that i can get out to our local club events soon, and farther away thereafter!

i miss the "folks" as much as i miss my Studebaker!
                            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
                              i miss the "folks" as much as i miss my Studebaker!
                              Kerry, go to shows/meets, with, or without a Stude. The folks will be there for ya!
                              sigpic
                              Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
                              X