Used parts .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used parts .

Little under three years to go. Bob( Peterson) and myself , have been talking about what were going do with the shop in the next three years. Between us we have about five projects would like to get done in that time. To do that we need more room in the shop. So my opinion is that things have to go. Bob agrees, so we decided what is just laying around collecting dust has to go. Over the last year he found a home for the brake shoes window regulators and bumpers. So I took a few pictures yesterday of the next thing on the list. That would be starter motors ,generators break drums. He also found a home for about 30 automatic transmissions. So those parts did not go to China who knows where the rest will go.

I have known Bob quite a few years and in that time I don't think he sold to many generators or starters. I know he sold quite a few break drums. Well that's all for now I will post later on what will be next on the list. I am sure Bob will let you know what's on his mind.(Grandson Clayton).

I bought a starter from him and I'll gladly buy a generator. Delco V8, 6V, for my 55 259. That'll give me a reason to go the South Bend in May......
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I bought rear brake drums from Bob when Barney got his new binders.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
        I bought a starter from him and I'll gladly buy a generator. Delco V8, 6V, for my 55 259. That'll give me a reason to go the South Bend in May......
        Dave. I will put it on my list. So now you have to go to South Bend.

Patrick nibbs53

Comment

Cool. I'm also off to the PSMCD's this week-end. Will miss Bob and the doggies this time. Cheers.
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

If only it was not such a work out getting all the copper from the starters and generators, with copper prices I could pay the rent for a month, do have a few starters going to Australia this trip. and sorry Dave I will not be at the races this year maybe next with my grand son Clayton in fact maybe the 3 of us Clayton, Patrick, and my self might make it there, see you in South Bend with your generator.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Bob, just pull the 2 case screws and plop out the armature, At least you get the price for 'mixed copper'.

A was surprised steel came down, but still got 31 bucks from 1 cracked engine block, 1 crank, 2 transmission cases, some old bolts and some old rods and 2 generators.... because I pulled the 2 screws, the copper was another 10 bucks. I gained a small, much needed area in the shop!

Comment

Ya mixed scrap is a one cent a pound, took in 1060 pounds today no generators or starters yet, just filling the truck now and then with junk parts I know I don't need and have never had a request for, still spending money on getting the sheet metal blasted and ready for repair once repaired and primed then into dry storage waiting for new owners to call, all will be ready to bold on and finish sanding and paint. remember free delivery to South Bend on large pieces.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Working...
                X