Kanter Auto parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kanter Auto parts

I received a catalog today in the mail from KANTER.

Has anyone ever heard of them and or done business with them?

They actually have a number of Studebaker parts listed, look a little pricey.

1-800-526-1096

www.kanter.com on line catalog

They have been around for years, up there in North Joyzee.
    Jim
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
      They have been around for years, up there in North Joyzee.
      Jim
      X2. Kanter has been supplying Packard parts for a lot of years.

Terry

Comment

X3.I couldn't find a set of air shocks for my Daytona anywhere.Kanter had them, and they were priced right. IIRC they were a special order item, but I got them within a couple of weeks.

Comment

We had them rebuild a treadle-vac master cylinder and a steering stabilizer link for a Packard 400. Good work; not cheap.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

They're a long time supplier of obsolete car parts. They're good people.
            Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

yes, good folks with a humongous inventory, and they make my prices seem dirt cheap!

Comment

Theyre in Boonton Nj right off Rt287. Has Packard sigb on bldg. i used once or twice. Wasnt impressed.

Comment

I've bought parts from them and was satisfied with their service. Bud

Comment

I bought some engine parts off of them. Shopped around for prices and they were cheaper on some of them.

Comment

Years ago I bought a lot of suspension parts for my '53. Good service and good parts. I'd recommend them. Another good supplier is www.rockauto.com. Fast service and quality stuff. AND both places know what a Studebaker is!

Comment

Interesting. I received a Kanter piece in the mail a couple of years ago and wondered how they assembled or purged their mailing lists. It was odd that a N.J. parts house would put a guy from Ontario on their list, but I found it an interesting little catalogue. Didn't buy the first time, so I guess I'm off the list(lol).
                        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

They have run a full-page ad in each issue of Hemmings for at least 30 years. Started with Packard, and expanded into repro brake, suspension, etc parts for nearly every American brand.
                          Skip Lackie

Comment

I won't do business with them.

I called them to inquire about parts for my P.H. They said they don't handle any Packard inventory after model year 56. That holier than thou attitude the Packard guys have over their pre-57's irritates the hell out of me.
                            Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                            Kenmore, Washington
                            hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                            '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                            '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                            '69 Pontiac Firebird
                            (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Originally posted by hausdok View Post
                              I won't do business with them.

I called them to inquire about parts for my P.H. They said they don't handle any Packard inventory after model year 56. That holier than thou attitude the Packard guys have over their pre-57's irritates the hell out of me.
                              They are just jealous! (But a '56 Patrician is quite a car!)

Comment

Working...
                              X