Avanti II Recaro Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Avanti II Recaro Seats

My 63 Avanti has been restored and modified and has black leather recaro seating from a 83 vintage Avanti II. The driver's side seat has a hand knob above the Recaro label for adjusting the seat back (it actually has BMW on it). The problem with this knob is that where the plastic on back side fits over the ratcheting metal nut it slips because the plastic is galled or stripped out.

It's possible I can come up with a fix on existing knob maybe (metal sleeve, epoxy, etc.) but does anyone know of a source for these knobs. So far google, ebay, amazon searches aren't turning up anything.

Thanks, John
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Have you tried contacting Recaro and asking them? They were helpful to me when I needed the mounting brackets for an Avanti. They didn't carry the brackets themselves but they told me the supplier who did.

If the seats were adapted from a BMW, try some BMW web sites or some wrecking yards for a BMW that might have Recaro seats.

If nothing else, sometimes you can simply stick a toothpick or two into the knob mounting hole and break them off, leaving wood only inside the hole where it's not visible. That works sometimes...maybe at least until you find a more permanent fix.

Maybe a metal sleeve drilled out for a set screw to attach it. Unless you can come up with a replacement knob it might take some creative thinking.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Working...
    X