Anyone taking a Studebaker to the mini nats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone taking a Studebaker to the mini nats

My cousin in Ca ask me to go with him to Kalamazoo Mi. and Burlington Vt NSRA Mini nationals. It will be a 7000+mile trip for him and a 4600+mile trip for me, in his 1932 Ford flatbed. It has a 392 Hemi with A/C. We're gonna stop at the Studebaker museum on Thursday and head to Kalamazoo in the afternoon (Only 1-1/2 hours away). we are gonna caravan to Burlington Vt. after the meet and stop in some shops on the way. A once in a lifetime trip for me. Hope to see some Studes at the meets. Suppose to be 1600+ cars at Kalamazoo and maybe 800 at Burlington. On the way home we are gonna try to see the Henry Ford and ACD museums, and any other car related stuff. A car guys dream vacation.
    101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Wow! Sunds like a great trip! You will enjoy the Henry Ford Museum and Deerfield Village. We have been there several times and are always ready to return. If it weren't for grandchildren, I would be up there in the summers doing whatever I could as a volunteer.

Comment

Cool trip plan. The Kalamazoo show is a great event. There are so many cars, they really take over the town on that weekend. I'm was looking into taking the Stude yesterday, but late registration for a non-member is $70. I'm saving up for a few new parts, so I think my 52 can stay home. I'll still take my father on Saturday and we'll walk around a bit. It's a good swap meet and you really cannot see all the cars in one day.

A stop you should make is the the Gilmore car museum in Hickory Corners MI. The quality of the cars, and of the buildings themselves, will blow your mind.

Comment

Wow, sounds like a great trip. Have fun and travel safe. Speaking from my own experience carefully inspect the car at least once a day!
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Agree with Michidan. Gilmore is a great place to visit. While at ACD you might like to go next door and visit the NATCO Museum. R & M used to have a very nice showroom in Ypsilanti...don't know if it is still there, but great cars. Hemmings is a fun place to visit in Bennington, too. If you have an interest in Hudson's there is a Hostetler Hudson Museum in Shipshewana. We recently returned from visiting our son and family in Kalamazoo. Poor timing on my part!

A stop you should make is the the Gilmore car museum in Hickory Corners MI. The quality of the cars, and of the buildings themselves, will blow your mind.[/QUOTE]
          "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Just returned from The Henry Ford. If you have the time, there is a special exhibit of the Titanic artifacts that runs until Sep 30. Well worth seeing. If you are going to be in the area for any length of time, there are cruise nights every night of the week, some draw as many as 1-200+ cars. If you PM me I will give you a phone # to contact me.

The ACD Museum in Auburn is worth seeing, as is Gilmore's.

Will not be taking my Stude to the Zoo this year, am taking my '33 Chevy with hopes of selling it. Biggest drawback @ K-zoo is the cost of motel rooms. For the last several years, I have commuted, driving home at night. 120 miles from my house to fairgrounds.

Bob
            Own \'53 Commander Starliner. Red w/beige top. 350 Chev/700R4. Tilt,cruise,A/C.http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j30/Bobphyl/StudeontheBeach.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X