PDA

View Full Version : Studebaker parts swap page

(S)
09-10-2012, 01:53 PM
I was going to post an ad, but it says error, problem with the host. Anyone else having problems 'seeing' the page there?

Thanks

(S)
09-10-2012, 02:06 PM
I was going to post an ad, but it says error, problem with the host. Anyone else having problems 'seeing' the page there?

Thanks

I got this: Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect (http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/function.mysql-connect)]: Unknown MySQL server host 'studebaker.db.7389440.hostedresource.com' (0) in /home/content/40/7389440/html/STUDEBAKERSWAP.COM/swap/showads.php on line 22
Could not connect: Unknown MySQL server host 'studebaker.db.7389440.hostedresource.com' (0)

Corvanti
09-10-2012, 02:45 PM

Thanks

same here... :confused:

njonkman
09-10-2012, 04:12 PM
same here... :confused:

I got server not found. Firefox cannot find the server.

Corvanti
09-10-2012, 04:15 PM
i also have firefox and got what Mike posted in #2...

R1 3137
09-10-2012, 04:32 PM
I don't know if they're related but the SPI users forum which I believe uses the same software for hosting as here went through a problem the last couple of weeks and just upgraded from the looks of things, my point being their problems started with embedded software in photos I believe.

brngarage
09-10-2012, 05:23 PM
I just tried it. Went to the point where it says add a part to the swap page. That got me the usual screen and since I wasn't ready to place an ad I quit.

JimC
09-10-2012, 05:34 PM
It's due to their host. Studebaker swap is hosted by godaddy (or possibly a company that sells space on godaddy servers). They are the largest registrar online. Earlier today, a hacker orchestrated a ddos (distributed denial of service) attack against godaddy. As a result, any website hosted through their service, or through companies who use their servers for hosting, went down for several hours. Godaddy is working to fix the problem, but there will likely be intermittent website problems with folks who have registered through them for the rest of the next day or two.

It's not entirely related, but this is yet another reason why I am against "cloud computing". Sharing resources over a data connection just makes it easier for them to be compromised. We haven't mastered securing websites yet, how can we be safe doing the same thing with raw computing?

(S)
09-10-2012, 06:36 PM
It looks to be back up now. I'll be listing some overpriced junk tonight if anyone is looking........

Corvanti
09-10-2012, 06:55 PM
yep, working here, too. :)

"go daddy" was hacked? betcha Danica is pi$$'d... :lol:

(S)
09-12-2012, 03:32 PM
It went down again, then back up again. I got a 'break' and got some junk listed.