My Avanti on Youtube ... just driving around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Avanti on Youtube ... just driving around

Stock Avanti R1 4.7L with rusted corner gas station restictive exhaust. Factory traction bars not hooked up, got some wheel hop. Felt MUCH worse in the car!...

Yup ... here it is, crap exhaust sounds amazingly good, without the
    traction (radius rods) my burnout was just a violent wheel hop show.[V]

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

As the late JD would have said, "far out". Sounds and looks pretty good. Even the wheel hop.

Mike

got my '59 Lark

Comment

As the late JD would have said, "far out". Sounds and looks pretty good. Even the wheel hop.

Mike

got my '59 Lark

Comment

Tom, well what can I say, I LOVE IT! Your movie short is great! That Avanti will look and sound better with those 3" SS exhaust tips.

1964 GT Hawk soon to be R2 Clone
        1964 GT Hawk
        PSMCDR 2014
        Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
        PSMCDR 2013
        Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Tom, well what can I say, I LOVE IT! Your movie short is great! That Avanti will look and sound better with those 3" SS exhaust tips.

1964 GT Hawk soon to be R2 Clone
          1964 GT Hawk
          PSMCDR 2014
          Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
          PSMCDR 2013
          Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

video looked good.Had a nice sound tooo....not much squat on the stops either.[^]

63 Twin Supercharged Avanti
            64 Avanti R3w/NOS
            88LSC Avanti 350 Supercharged w/NOS

Comment

video looked good.Had a nice sound tooo....not much squat on the stops either.[^]

63 Twin Supercharged Avanti
              64 Avanti R3w/NOS
              88LSC Avanti 350 Supercharged w/NOS

Comment

Great show. I wish I could fine a nice straight road like that with no traffic on it!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Great show. I wish I could fine a nice straight road like that with no traffic on it!

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Thanks, it was kinda a last minute. I was REALLY wanting a burnout,
                    but it felt like I would break a universal. Someone at my work said
                    that I should have gotten on it MORE to hold the springs wrapped, but
                    in my experience once it starts doing that - it never gets better.

Here it is idling - walkaround

Just a quick walkaround while the Avanti sits there idling. The factory solid lifters make the clicking sound, and there is a slight "werrrr" from the facto...

Tom
                    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Thanks, it was kinda a last minute. I was REALLY wanting a burnout,
                      but it felt like I would break a universal. Someone at my work said
                      that I should have gotten on it MORE to hold the springs wrapped, but
                      in my experience once it starts doing that - it never gets better.

Here it is idling - walkaround

Just a quick walkaround while the Avanti sits there idling. The factory solid lifters make the clicking sound, and there is a slight "werrrr" from the facto...

Tom

Comment

Pretty neat video's....
                        Any open hood shots when it is running?
                        Let's see some full blast stopping video's with your brake setup.
                        Looks like your brake balance is pretty good.
                        Are those taken with a digital video recorder, or a digital camera in movie mode?
                        Either way, they are cool video's..
                        (Now I'm thinking about building camera mounts for some neat angles...)
                        Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
                        Brooklet, Georgia
                        '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
                        '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
                        '61 Hawk (project: Ist Gen Owner)
                        http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Pretty neat video's....
                          Any open hood shots when it is running?
                          Let's see some full blast stopping video's with your brake setup.
                          Looks like your brake balance is pretty good.
                          Are those taken with a digital video recorder, or a digital camera in movie mode?
                          Either way, they are cool video's..
                          (Now I'm thinking about building camera mounts for some neat angles...)
                          Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
                          Brooklet, Georgia
                          '37 Coupe Express (never ending project)
                          '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
                          '61 Hawk (project: Ist Gen Owner)
                          http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

The ultimate plan is to do just that Jeff, a nice full on rear tires
                            chirping-at-the-point-of-lockup stop. The engine isnt much to look at
                            at the moment. The chrome air cleaner is pitted and rusty, as is the
                            valve covers. The car sat on a dirt driveway and I think the constant
                            moisture took its toll. Its a VERY small Canon DV camcorder. Its so
                            small that mounting it should be easy. I would like to make an incar
                            mount for it eventually. All in time.

Tom

Comment

The ultimate plan is to do just that Jeff, a nice full on rear tires
                              chirping-at-the-point-of-lockup stop. The engine isnt much to look at
                              at the moment. The chrome air cleaner is pitted and rusty, as is the
                              valve covers. The car sat on a dirt driveway and I think the constant
                              moisture took its toll. Its a VERY small Canon DV camcorder. Its so
                              small that mounting it should be easy. I would like to make an incar
                              mount for it eventually. All in time.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                              X