IDYSD trip to Kelseyville a Bust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDYSD trip to Kelseyville a Bust

If anyone was planning on joining the road trip to Kelseyville tomorrow, you need to know our plans have changed. As many of you may know, the wildfires in California are many and substantial. There is currently a fire that is only about 20% contained in the Rumsey area. Rumsey is located between Hwy 16 and Hwy 20. We were intending to travel both of these highways and meet at the junction for a caravan into Kelseyville. Hwy 16 is closed from just past Cashe Creek to Hwy 20 and they have closed down a section of Hwy 20 to fight the fire as well.

Since God apparently does not want us to go to Kelseyville, we are going to change our road trip to Studebaker Cheesecake again in Sonoma. This is going to make Kevin Fay quite happy and he welcomes us with open arms.

If anyone was planning to get to Kelseyville from another route, please do so as they were counting on seeing some Studebakers tomorrow. I called to notify them that our trip was off. I hope at least someone shows up for them.
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Please don't blame it on God. He loves Studebakers. Blame it on Mother Nature or an arsonist.

Comment

Well, since God is really in control of everything, I see it as His decision to keep us from going. Certainly nothing to be upset about. After all, God knows best and I try to be obediant to His direction. I see it as He wanted us to visit Keven in Sonoma instead and I'm good with that. I certainly would not intentionally put "blame" on God.

I just hope somebody shows up in Kelseyville as Itzia, the owner of Studebakers Coffee House and Deli was looking forward to seeing some cool cars.
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
        Please don't blame it on God. He loves Studebakers. Blame it on Mother Nature or an arsonist.
        Mother Nature is a manifestation of God............God is all things to all people.
        --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Hi Jon,

The Sequoia Club will be there are well...... see you tomorrow!

Regards,
          John Brayton

Comment

Some of the Sequoia chapter showed up at the veterans hospital car show in Palo Alto. We had an M series hot rod, 55 Conestoga wagon, 56 power hawk, 57 golden hawk, 59 pickup and a 60 ragtop.

The vets loved it and a good time was had by all!
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Didn't drive a Studebaker today but pushed one around the lot at the shop and cleaned under it, does that count??
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Is a little of what we cleaned up.

These photos was taken by my eight year granddaughter the squirt. Give a camera to an eight-year-old this is what happens. She took 332 pictures that day.

Patrick. nibbs53

Comment

Aren't digital cameras great!
                  Pat Dilling
                  Olivehurst, CA
                  Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
                  X