1951 Commander parts compatibility with 1950 Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: 1951 Commander parts compatibility with 1950 Champion

Is the 50 Champion parts compatible with the 51 Commander?
    I am looking for a hood and see the 50 has a chrome piece on the front of the hood where as the 51 Commander does not. I can pick up the 50 Champion as a donar car for a good price but the Champion is 6 with 3 speed while the Commander is V8 with Automatic. I am most interested in body parts. Hood, Trunk lid, Doors.

thanks

Fewer body parts will interchange than you would think from looking at the cars. None of the front sheet metal will interchange with the exception of the headlight rings.

The doors and the rear fenders and the trunk lid will interchange if the two cars are the same body style

There are two types/sizes of trunk lids. The long one fits starlight coupes and business coupes. the short one fits sedans and convertibles. The doors will interchange if you stay within 2 door or 4 door groups. (2 door = sedans and coupes) (4 door = 4 door).
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
    X