Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help determining the model of an old studebaker please

Hello,

We have a very old studebaker but have not so far been able to determine exactly what it is...and I figured this might be a good place to ask. Sorry for intruding if I am wrong, but here is what I know about that car ( and here are some partial images )

The engine has the following sets of numbers on it:
    110293-1
    E 7 15
    D 11 28
    109149-2

The car ran nicely about 15 years ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	side_view.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	1736351

Name:	engine.jpg
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	1736352

Name:	front_grill.jpg
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	1736353

Name:	inside.jpg
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	1736354

Anywise, if anyone has an idea as to how to tell what model this is it would be greatly appreciated. As near as we can tell it is somewhere between late 1910s and early 1930s.

Welcome

I would say the car was made between 1925 - 1930. Have a look at this site http://www.theantiquestudebakerclub....dentifycar.htm

There should be a frame number (chassis number) on the car, which would be beneficial to identify the car more exactly.
    Nice car.
    sigpic

Comment

Looks like a speedster (hot rod) from years ago. It may not be all one year. Some better pictures would help to better identify the parts.
      It looks like a cool car and should be lots of fun when its running again.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

There MIGHT BE an embossed metal tag on the front side of the firewall. The numerals and letters on that tag would likely reveal what year and model it started out as. It's certainly not a model (as is) that you could've bought new.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks much everyone!

Thank you all.

The site mentioned looks perfect and should help a lot.

And yes, the car was previously owned by a friend that had an auto shop and he may well have done a lot of customization while restoring it.

Again, thank you all for pointing me in the right direction!

Comment

The car is (was) a 1925 Studebaker Special Six model EQ. You will find the engine number stamped into the engine block at the location shown on the image above. It should have a prefix of EQ if I am not mistaken. The other numbers you have provided are casting numbers and help i.d. the date the engine block and cyl head were cast. Let me know what you find.
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Dick, izzat a road-ready spare you've got stashed in your attic???
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                Dick, izzat a road-ready spare you've got stashed in your attic???
                You bet, you can never have too many Studebakers (or parts).
                Richard Quinn
                Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

E 7 15 = july 15 1925

D 11 28 = november 28 1924

Wherever you got those casting dates is when that part was cast. Block, Head ect..

Comment

Working...
                  X