200 mph Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 mph Studebaker

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but I thought you all might like to see it. It was in the Council Bluffs IA paper yesterday.

I read through the article and could not find any info on what engine he is running, does anyone know anything about this guy or his car?

Nothing on the outside of the car to indicate engine type, but if it was a Studebaker I bet they would have mentioned it. It's a cool racer for sure.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I know the car and the driver. Every year there is a Bonneville send off party-car show, it has been at Bushwhackers Saloon in Ralston, Ne. the last several years, I usually attend with my 41. This year it will once again be held Sept. 16th at Bushwhackers 7401 Main, Ralston from noon to 4pm, rain or shine. The Bonneville 41 Stude is powered by a highly modified small block Chevy. More details in this Saturday's car section of the Omaha World Herald. They actually had the car at last week's "Geezer Drags" at the Glenwood, Ia. 1/8th mile drag strip and ran it.
      Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
      Nothing on the outside of the car to indicate engine type, but if it was a Studebaker I bet they would have mentioned it. It's a cool racer for sure.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

A writeup with pic's is over on Sonny's Racing Studebakers forum...

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Small Block Chevy Powered

Comment

We've seen those guys at Bonneville a couple of times. I've got pictures of their car around here somewhere...

Comment

Working...
            X