Alright, I give.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright, I give.....

How do I remove the inside courtesy light cover in order to see if the bulb is burned out?

Karl

It should just pop off.

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

It should just pop off.
      With how much "persuasion"? Obviously not with just ones fingers or a plastic butter knife.

I know it sounds silly, but with my history of "breaking things", I had better check this out before getting too carried away and then having to replace the entire liner.

Karl

Comment

I think the last time I took one off I stuck a screw driver on the back side of the stainless cover, and pried it off. Make sure you have a good bite on the fixture housing so that you don't rip the headliner.

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

I think the last time I took one off I stuck a screw driver on the back side of the stainless cover, and pried it off. Make sure you have a good bite on the fixture housing so that you don't rip the headliner.
          Ahhh yes....got it done. The "trick" is NOT to pry on either end, but rather at the middle. Yes indeedy the bulb was what burned out, not due to my fooling around with the underdash wiring.

And while I was at it, I even went and replaced the fuel pump with a genuine Carter pump, and viola, no more "clacking" noise.

This was a very good day. Solved two problems and didn't break anything in the process.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by MagikDraggin

And while I was at it, I even went and replaced the fuel pump with a genuine Carter pump, and viola, no more "clacking" noise.

This was a very good day. Solved two problems and didn't break anything in the process.
            Let's hope that luck holds, I've got a new Carter fuel pump to put in the Transtar this weekend and I don't like breaking things either![B)]

Mark
            57 Transtar
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mark57

quote:Originally posted by MagikDraggin

Let's hope that luck holds, I've got a new Carter fuel pump to put in the Transtar this weekend and I don't like breaking things either![B)]

Mark
              57 Transtar
              I mean, honestly, what could possibly go wrong with a simple fuel pump installation or changing out a light bulb?.......except in my case at least, this "Murphy" character apparently lives right next door to me, and if there is anything that could go wrong, it will.

I need to replace the clutch now on my '62 Hawk and am really dreading it, knowing and realizing I am not as young as I once used to be.

I am seriously considering having someone else do it, to spare me the headache, heartache, and muscle aches I'd most likely incur doing it myself.

Good luck with your fuel pump....maybe your "Murphy" lives far away or is on vacation when you do it.

Karl

1962 GT Hawk 4sp

Comment

It worked out to be the simple removal and installation that it should be,... gotta like it when things proceed as smoothly as suggested in the Shop Manual.

<h5>Mark
                57 Transtar
                </h5>
                Mark Hayden
                '66 Commander

Comment

Working...
                X