Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any one want to save this before it gets parted out ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any one want to save this before it gets parted out ????

This 49 Champion 4 door was picked up just for the doors and now they are on their way to Australia, the rest of the car as it turned out is rather nice and rust free, the front end is really nice, all the glass is good, floors and trunk is not rusted out and rather solid, bumpers as you can see in pictures are nice, dash has a radio, the steering wheel will be removed as some one wants it. any one want it before we start parting it more not every thing is going to be saved just the front end and Rad. the rest will be going to china.

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

If it is available, I am looking for a steering wheel and horn ring for my ride, I don't have one now.

Comment

Was'nt someone recently looking for a front fender for a 47 Champion,are 47-49 inter changeable ?
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

It's a shame you would let China have the rest of it.

Comment

I can use the dash board and gauges please send me an e-mail

Comment

Trunk lid, any rust on the bottom edge?
            1942 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan * 1952 Studebaker Champion Regal * 1954 Studebaker Commander Regal Starlight * 1967 Thunderbird Hdtp * 1969 Continental Mark III * 1969 Mercury Marquis convertible * 1972 Buick Riviera * 1973 Continental Mark IV * 1978 Glass Top Lincoln Town Car * 1983 Mercedes 300SD * 1986 Dodge RAM 4WD * 1999 Infiniti Q45

Comment

aj86, no shame here. Bob has helped us save hundreds of cars. Can't save 'em all, but as numbers go, there are hundreds of Studes on the road with parts from Bob.What can't be sold or stored will be sold for scrap. That money will fund more cars and parts for the survivors. Cheers.
              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Bob,
                From your first post on this car I inquired about the fog light brackets. Still waiting to see a closeup picture or something.
                Thanks.

EDIT: Also, is the jack there? Looking for an original.
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Somebody with big feet is looking for the stainless trim at the bottom of the front seat.
                  RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                  4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                  5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
                    Bob,
                    From your first post on this car I inquired about the fog light brackets. Still waiting to see a closeup picture or something.
                    Thanks.

EDIT: Also, is the jack there? Looking for an original.
                    I sent a picture of the fog light and brackets to some one thought it was you check you PM...Bob
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

I wasn't trying to be negative, just ment with a car that is rust free surely there is someone needing it. But guess timing and all has to happen as well. Just hate seeing good things being thrown away.

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                        I sent a picture of the fog light and brackets to some one thought it was you check you PM...Bob
                        Thanks. PM sent to you.
                        KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

If they could just figure out a way to move the west coast toward the middle of the country, you'd find dozens of Stude fans willing to come over and take a beauty like that off your hands. Unfortunately, geography doesn't work that way.
                          ~Matt Connor
                          '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                            If they could just figure out a way to move the west coast toward the middle of the country, you'd find dozens of Stude fans willing to come over and take a beauty like that off your hands. Unfortunately, geography doesn't work that way.
                            Hi Matt, geography and mother nature doesn't work that way, say in about another million years or so California will be next door to Alaska. I don't think me and Bob Peterson will be around that long but if we are, we will wave to Dick on our way by.

Patrick. (nibbs53)

Comment

Chris Dresbach,

Would that get you started on restoring the prototype? If so, what are we talking cost-wise to save it from going to China and to get it to South Bend. If it works, maybe each of us reading this here could pony up a small donation to a central kitty and guys in chapters could figuratively pass the hat to see if enough could be raised to get it to Chris. It could be done in the way of pledges; that way, if it won't total enough nobody actually sends any cash. If it's enough, establish a bank account post the information and we can deposit direct to the cause.

Just an idea. Heck, I have no idea if the car would even have the same chassis and running gear.
                              Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                              Kenmore, Washington
                              hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                              '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                              '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                              '69 Pontiac Firebird
                              (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

Working...
                              X