Ricky Nelson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Nelson

I don't know if this has been posted before but I found this ad for a pretty pricey Avanti for sale in Colorado.

This website is for sale! classicalgasstation.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, classicalgasstation.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

This dealer is a little above the norm anyway.

Mike

got my '59 Lark

The only celebrity Avanti I'd pay extra for would be:

Johnny Carson's (because to me, as a kid back then he typifies the era) but I hear it's wrecked.

Or Frank Sinatra's (same rationale as above)..I've been told he had one, don't have proof.

Ian Flemming's ...you could say you had Bond's Avanti. Car is MIA in the U.K. and presumed lost.

BTW: Dick Van Dyke's Avanti is in the Peterson Museum...in storage. He comes close to Carson/Sinatra as an early 60's icon (to me anyway) but I wouldn't pay extra for it.

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

The only celebrity Avanti I'd pay extra for would be:

Johnny Carson's (because to me, as a kid back then he typifies the era) but I hear it's wrecked.

Or Frank Sinatra's (same rationale as above)..I've been told he had one, don't have proof.

Ian Flemming's ...you could say you had Bond's Avanti. Car is MIA in the U.K. and presumed lost.

BTW: Dick Van Dyke's Avanti is in the Peterson Museum...in storage. He comes close to Carson/Sinatra as an early 60's icon (to me anyway) but I wouldn't pay extra for it.

63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I once got to lay hands on Raymond Loewy's personal Avanti that he kept at his place in France. It was in Jon Myer's keep at the time I saw it.

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I once got to lay hands on Raymond Loewy's personal Avanti that he kept at his place in France. It was in Jon Myer's keep at the time I saw it.

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

A "Ricky Nelson" Avanti was sold on eBay about a year ago. Best I can remember it brought a bit more than $40K. Don't know for certain this is the same car. The eBay car appeared a darker red. Maybe just different photos/lighting.

Comment

A "Ricky Nelson" Avanti was sold on eBay about a year ago. Best I can remember it brought a bit more than $40K. Don't know for certain this is the same car. The eBay car appeared a darker red. Maybe just different photos/lighting.

Comment

Looks like they where producing 25 cars per day at that stage of production. My R 2 auto 63R17XX was built on nov o8,62.3 days later, delivered to Tracy California.

gh

Comment

Looks like they where producing 25 cars per day at that stage of production. My R 2 auto 63R17XX was built on nov o8,62.3 days later, delivered to Tracy California.

gh

Comment

Bob, I had the chance to buy Raymond Loewys Avanti. It was in a garage about 3 miles from my condo in Alhambra Ca. We were in the process of buying a house at the time and had to turn it down! Of course, looking back, I should have!!
                    It had an Earl Schieb paint job on it, and a big (Cadillac) V on the front nose panel, and needed everything.

Jim
                    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                    their Memorials!

Comment

Bob, I had the chance to buy Raymond Loewys Avanti. It was in a garage about 3 miles from my condo in Alhambra Ca. We were in the process of buying a house at the time and had to turn it down! Of course, looking back, I should have!!
                      It had an Earl Schieb paint job on it, and a big (Cadillac) V on the front nose panel, and needed everything.

Jim
                      "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                      their Memorials!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52 Ragtop

Jim
                        I talked to dad's neighbor Al Fosness, while back in this past week, who I think owned the car at the time you were looking at it.

Lee

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 52 Ragtop

Jim
                          I talked to dad's neighbor Al Fosness, while back in this past week, who I think owned the car at the time you were looking at it.

Lee

Comment

Lee,
                            yep! That was the guy, he worked for Kubota at the time!
                            Your Dad lived in Alhambra?

Jim

their Memorials!

Comment

Lee,
                              yep! That was the guy, he worked for Kubota at the time!
                              Your Dad lived in Alhambra?

Jim

their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
                              X