Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1964 - 1965 Studebaker El Presidente?

Good evening,

My name is Dylan I just recently I have been given a 1964 or 1965 Studebaker. My family owns both a '64 GT Hawk, and also the El Presidente. They both have been sitting in a storage room for 20 years or so. Is there such thing as a Studebaker El Presidente? Or is there just a mishap? I have looked and have seen very little info but not much comes up when I search for things on that model. Thanks again!
    I own a 1955 Studebaker President "Speedster", sat garaged for 20 years
    pulled it out in January of 2013, she is now a weekend driver around town.
    "Making many miles, and many smiles a long the way".

sigpic

Hi Dylan, welcome to the world of Studebakers and to the Forum! We're glad to have you here!

Studebaker never made an "El Presidente", although they did make a President model up until 1958 (and it could have been referred to that way in Latin America, I guess!).

The '64 Hawk is a pretty rare bird; you are lucky to have this. What is the car you were given? Post some pix - we'd love to see your cars!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Welcome, Dylan.
      The easiest way to detect the details on your vehicles is to post the body tag information. This is a metal tag screwed to the firewall, under the hood on the passenger side.
      Give us more information on what you've got and we can more precisely advise. The Serial number plate on the drivers door pillar can also indicate when and where they were built, as well as other trim details.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Thanks for your help first of all.

The car that will be given to me is the President, the GT Hawk was pulled from storage back in 2009 I believe. It was then taken to the engine shop where it spent for a year. It's currently running here in Bakersfield, Ca. The president is the last one in the storage unit that needs something to be done with, since I'm a big car person I who would love to have something older. My uncle will be giving the car to me sometime in Oct when we go down to pick it up. Both of these cars have been in the locker for 20 years or so and have not seen sun, wet weather. They are in great condition the president just needs the engine gone through and the mechanical things looked at. He told me it was a El Presidente and I thought I would get on here and ask some questions to see what it may be. I believe it is a president now that you said it, I will be able to let you guys know more when I go down and pick it up. I do appreciate the help. I'm looking around a year or so to get it back on the road and running.

Thanks again everyone!
        I own a 1955 Studebaker President "Speedster", sat garaged for 20 years
        pulled it out in January of 2013, she is now a weekend driver around town.
        "Making many miles, and many smiles a long the way".

sigpic

Comment

Hopefully it is the El Presidente and still would be ok even if it turns out to be an El Vice Presidente. cheers jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

There was the Israeli built 64 stretch convertible that was called the President. That would be something if it is the same car.

Comment

That was a nice piece. I wonder if it survives/ jimmijim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

The Israeli car was scrapped long ago, and there was reference in a recent TW article on Israeli Studebaker things.
                John Clements
                Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I hate when that happens
                  Originally posted by avantilover View Post
                  The Israeli car was scrapped long ago, and there was reference in a recent TW article on Israeli Studebaker things.

Comment

Hope Dylan finds the El Presidente is the Speedster version. If uncle liked hawks....just sayin' Go Dylan!
                    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Working...
                    X