Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: Has anyone found a source for lead ties

Hi All,

I've noticed that some wiring and some hoses under the hood are held with what seem to be lead ties that do what zip ties do today. Has anyone found a source for replacement ties?
    Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird
    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Mike are these what you are thinking of? http://www.ebay.com/itm/metal-cable-...#ht_500wt_1203
    John
    1963 Avanti R2
    Marshall, VA

Comment

Wow! Four for $20? He ain't exactly giving them away. Yes they were the predecessor to tie wraps, and were just as cheap.They weren't lead, though. mostly cad-plated steel, although I think I have seen them made from aluminum.

If I "needed" some, I'd be tempted to take a pair of scissors to an aluminum beer can.
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Hi John,

They look very close. I wonder if the seller is the American manufacturer. If so, he can probably duplicate the beat up ties I took off my Hawk.

Thanks for the link!
        Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
        Kenmore, Washington
        hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
        '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
        '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
        '69 Pontiac Firebird
        (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

try thishttp://www.zip-ty.com/Air-Handling-and-Heavy-Duty-Cable-Ties.aspx

Comment

The Ferndale mini meet (Ferndale, WA) put on by the Whatcom County Chapter of SDC will probably be the biggest meet on the West Coast this year and will probably have the most Studebakers in the world in one place for drive your Studebaker day. Don't wait for pics of the show after it is over-- just make plans to be there in September!

I am positive there will be more cars in the show and way more parts than any recent local show or zone meet you have seen in awhile. This show grows by several more Studebakers every year. We WILL top the 80 cars we had last year.

I have those wire harness straps, and every parts request I have seen on this forum for the last few weeks. I'll be there with the largest parts inventory in the NW zone. Send me a list, I'll bring what I can.

If you are within 1000 miles of NW Washington, you are missing out if you do not show up. (ask the people from WA, MT, OR, CA, AZ, ID, BC or SAS Canada, and folks from 2 other down under countrys that showed up last year and in years past.)

Comment

Saw similar ties @ WalMart in the electrical area - Made of stainless steel.
              Paul TK

Comment

Working...
              X