Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Studebaker ID this old 'vendor cart' from 1800's 1900?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker ID this old 'vendor cart' from 1800's 1900?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Studebaker vendor cart  unknown year.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	1736310You don't see this everyday. Anyone have an idea to the year, or how many are left?

Thanks

The original "center point" steering!
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Never seen one like that before. First guess is that it wouldn't be Studebaker, but are there any scripts on it? Or a better shot of the wheel hubs to identify? A rough guestimate would be early 1900s.
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

No offense, but yes- anybody can guess. I think the green and red paint with those yellow accent stripes should be enough of a clue that this thing is more likely a Studebaker than anything else. My thoughts were " Who would 'copy' a Studebaker paint scheme and/ or why?" I do think this is a Studebaker for that reason and its not just a guess.

Another clue would be that the Studebaker Bros. MFG. CO. made more carts and buggies and various things on a basis of demand, and that would more so than not, put the year of manufacture date more into the right 'range' I know they made carts like this when they got orders, or saw a 'need' and they were rare.

I was hoping Studeclunker, Mrs Wittenburg, or RQ, or someone with some of the old books or knowledge of the really old stuff would chime in with some usefull info to help ID this thing. (bump)

Comment

I wonder why an important Studebaker history post for such a rare item would be moved.?? This one is really in the wrong place now. at least tell us who bought this
          Last edited by (S); 08-27-2012, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Maybe it was an Ice cart.
            101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
            X