'57 sedan 3spd od shifter help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '57 sedan 3spd od shifter help?

My '57 Commander 'Bluebird' is ailing! A 3 speed + overdrive car, my shift lever's pivit point is busted! The collor that the shift lever fits into, the metal pivit point is broke out! Where do I look for these parts? I can't shift into first or reverse, so if I get called to deliver pizza I'll have to borrow the Ex's Volvo!
    Please help!

Charles Eck
    Essex, MD

'57 Commander 4 door sedan, 'Bluebird'

Studebakers were made to drive! (Besides, they don't get lost as easy in the Wal-Mart parking lot!)

The SAME thing just happened a few weeks ago with my '59 truck. I was lucky enough to have a yard full of parts trucks to choose from.
    It required pulling the steering wheel to replace, though.

SASCO may have the parts, ya never know with them! [8D]

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Cruising the Proving Ground Test Track

Comment

I'm not sure about the interchange, but maybe someone else here knows for sure. SASCO has these for 59 and later cars. The part number is 1550901P. To my way of thinking, this SHOULD work as a replacement for your car. To be sure tho, call SASCO and ask Dennis if it will work or not in a '57 model. He'd know for sure.
      The part number for the '57 version is 534092P. 800 722 4295

Also, Tom Karkewicz probably has one for sure. He's at 219 287-5834

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Talked to David at SASCO, they have the part! Thanks!

Charles Eck
        Essex, MD

'57 Commander 4 door sedan, 'Bluebird'

Studebakers were made to drive! (Besides, they don't get lost as easy in the Wal-Mart parking lot!)

Comment

Working...
        X