Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Information on Charlie Naugle in Vail Az?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information on Charlie Naugle in Vail Az?

I am looking for a 1947 Commander 14A W5 right front fender. I hear that a Charlie Naugle in Vail Az has acres of Stude parts. I would like to contact him if anyone can help me out. Thank you in advance.

John Campbell

Originally posted by Whodiny View Post
    I am looking for a 1947 Commander 14A W5 right front fender. I hear that a Charlie Naugle in Vail Az has acres of Stude parts. I would like to contact him if anyone can help me out. Thank you in advance.

John Campbell
    I never heard anyone refer to him as "Charlie". That is not a good start in trying to reach someone that is very hard to reach.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Whodiny; Wish I knew how to make that contact. The previous reply sure wasn't very helpful. I see you are a relatively new member (as am I). Usually you get more help here. Keep trying.

BTW: Did you look for your part(s) on the Studebaker Swap Page? http://www.studebakerswap.com/swap/showads.php

It might be worth a shot.

C/B

Comment

I'm not sure if it was Champion or commander"and I think they're diff. fenders?" but did'nt Dennis Dupont have some n.o.s. for sale,his # is in the roster.now if I can find mine I'll post it for you <G>.
        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Yes, Champion and Commander front fenders are definitely different.

And since no one else has rung in yet, he goes by Chuck. I don't have contact info for him.
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

As I understand it, Chuck has very little contact with the outside world. Last I heard he had disconnected his phone and was not welcoming of any unknown and uninvited visitors. You may have better results by contacting a known Studebaker vendor.

Comment

That pretty well sums it up. He doesn't have much left from what I have heard, anyway.

Comment

What I was implying is that since you obviously do not know Mr. Naugle, you should save your time and effort in trying to contact him.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

So the deal is SDC member or not,if you did'nt know Chuck from some time ago " what ever that means " do'nt dare approach ?
                  Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  What I was implying is that since you obviously do not know Mr. Naugle, you should save your time and effort in trying to contact him.
                  Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Chuck is a very private guy. I won't talk for Chuck, but he hasn't given out his phone number for public consumption for years. Chuck is friendly and can be talkative, but as I said he is a very private individual. I wouldn't be irritated with Gary for giving you the straight dope. I would try and find another source, if it were me.

Comment

Thank you all for the help, as I live near Vail Az and was given his name by some people just thought it wouldn't hurt to try and reach out but apparently I was wrong. I will continue the search.

Comment

You may want to contact Bruce Sandburg, who lives nearby in Benson. Bruce is a big Studebaker guy & knows Chuck. He has a different attitude, though, and may well point you in the right direction for the parts you need. He is in the roster, but doesn't fool with computers.
                        Do you know Bob Miles?

Comment

I can help

I can help with Bruce and Bob. Bob is no longer a member, but I do know he has a '58 Hawk he has up for sale. Bob gave me information and sent to a box of "Turning Wheels" when I bought my first '56 President (from Chuck Naugle). I remained in touch with Bob over the years. Bruce is a great guy, he is listed in the roster. I live in Corona de Tucson and have been here going on seven years. I am not much of a member ( don't attend meetings), but the local Southern Arizona chapter is a tight knit group and a vast ocean of knowledge. Write me at kelmbaker@msn.com dns shoot me your phone number. I'll give it to Bruce. He is a true Studebaker ambassador.

Comment

From what I hear.. Chuck cannot sell anything from his property. Vail would say he has a business and be able to tax him off his property. He lived there before Vail was anythin but a few people on large acreage.. Now built up..and they do not want him there. He is not on the power grid..and has own well..
                            Very decent guy unless you want to buy things..

Comment

I visited Chuck several times in Feb. 2009. I got along great with him. He sold me several parts and was very reasonable. With the residential community moving in on him, he knew he would have to sell everything off soon. The nearest new home was only 300 feet away at the time. He's been there over 40 years. No one should get treated like that. There's plenty of vacant land around there.
                              1936 Dictator
                              1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
                              1953 Commander Regal HT
                              1953 2R5 Pickup
                              1947 M16 Truck
                              1960 Lark VIII Convertible
                              1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
                              1962 Champ 7E5 no box
                              1962 GT Hawk
                              1963 Lark VI 4 dr
                              1963 GT Hawk R2
                              1964 Daytona Convertible
                              1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

Working...
                              X