a Lark mention by the "goat herders"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a Lark mention by the "goat herders"

a goat article with a Lark mention - plus a Lark and Avanti link for more reading

Very interesting article. I don't think I have seen even a LeMans wagon that has been converted into a GTO wagon. Nice reference to R2 Studebaker wagons.
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
      Very interesting article. I don't think I have seen even a LeMans wagon that has been converted into a GTO wagon. Nice reference to R2 Studebaker wagons.
      I believe that one R2 belongs to Malcomb Berry that was at the zone meet in Frankenmuth, Mi. A white wagoneer with R2 engine and T5 trans that he raced and now drives. I drooled all over that one at the meet.

Bob

Comment

I guess this monster (look at the meats on the rear) fits that original linked article. Appeared in Fresno a while back. Had a For Sale sign in it a couple weeks ago...
        Attached Files
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

"Hey, Hey, we're the... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkeemobile

EDIT: no Studebakers were harmed during this production!
          Last edited by Corvanti; 08-24-2012, 02:03 PM.
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Reading the article, it mentions the R2 Wagonaire in 62 and 63 (they must mean calendar years, not model years ie 63 and 64 model years . I had always assumed that an R2 'could' have been available for a wagon in the 64 model year, if anyone had ordered and insisted hard enough ("Shut up and take my money!" but I don't ever recall seeing mention or a picture of a 64 R2 Wagonaire anywhere. Now, that would have been a nice vehicle, a Daytona in Astra White of course. Were any 64 R2 Wagonaires built, and if so, how many?

Comment

If there was a Astra White 64 R2 wagon, Palma would be looking for it.<G>
              101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Working...
              X