Supercharger Manifold Almost Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supercharger Manifold Almost Done

I am building a supercharger manifold for my 61 Hawk. It is most likely not what you think. Remember this is going on a Stude motor, not a SBC. I started with a Dave T. "Smoljan"cast aluminum tri-power manifold, milled off the top, opend up the center. Next a 2" thick piece of T-6061 aluminum was water jet cut to match the base of a GMC 471 series supercharger. The top plate was then milled down the center and hand carved to fit the runners. A trip to TRI-MARK Performance in Reedsburg, WI to be welded together and there you have it. It needs to go to the machine shop one more time to clean up the center and tap the holes for stainless thread inserts. I have a crap load of photos of the whole process. I will load them all on a site when it is "Blower Ready". This is my first time posting pics so I hope it works. I dumbed them down but cross your blower rotors.
    Attached Files

To: 3X2stude,----Now there's something I've never seen before..........Would really like to see this engine when completed......What's it going in?

Comment

That is one WICKED setup. Your Hawk will look so awesome with that blower sticking out of the hood.
      sals54

Comment

Looks like your joining the hole in the hood gang. Beautiful job. What will be on top of the Blower for carburation?
        101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Pretty neat, Jon...
          Nice work!
          Question.....
          How did you determine the front to back position of the case on the intake?
          From your front drive snout and pulley dimensions to the crank?
          Jeff
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

awesome welds

Comment

oh ya, a true hot rodder! well done!!....is it a 4-71? whatcha gunna use for the drive set up?? Keep us posted on this one, oh and tell us that huffed on Stude motor is going to be resting between the the frame rails of that 60 Chubby, that'll get the bow-tie boys clucking like hens...kinda like the Stude crowd yapping about Toyota powertrains. Lovin this one...Junior.

edit...should have read this a little closer, but skipped right to the photos, engine in Hawk will be cool, but shoving it in the Chubby would be a lot of fun too! Regardless, I'm lovin it.
              Last edited by junior; 08-18-2012, 06:54 AM.
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

That is impressive. Keep the pics coming too.

Comment

Nice! I wonder if copies could be made of it?

Comment

Amazing the talent of some on this group!

Ted

Comment

Working...
                    X