Barn Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barn Find

WOW! Can you imagine walking into an old barn (especially one you had just bought!) and finding this! [:0]

It must have been one heck of a flood to cover everything with mud this high up.

Leonard Shepherd

Looks as though it could be a "R" or "JT" series,as it has the tube from crank to the air breather,& a 4bbl. carb, or just the Studebaker "dress-up kit" i can't make out any fender badges.One would think he would just take a hose to it if 1 were available.Noticed rust on top of inner fender lip of right front,probably a lot more covered by the mud.

Comment

Looks as though it could be a "R" or "JT" series,as it has the tube from crank to the air breather,& a 4bbl. carb, or just the Studebaker "dress-up kit" i can't make out any fender badges.One would think he would just take a hose to it if 1 were available.Noticed rust on top of inner fender lip of right front,probably a lot more covered by the mud.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by kmul221

It has a brake booster- could be disk brakes and it looks as if it has a full dash. Also has Powershift.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
        '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
        '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
        Museum R-4 engine
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

quote:Originally posted by kmul221

It has a brake booster- could be disk brakes and it looks as if it has a full dash. Also has Powershift.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/R-4.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64L.JPG[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/64P.jpg[/img=right][img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/Forum%20signature%20pix/53K.jpg[/img=right]Paul Johnson
          '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
          '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
          Museum R-4 engine
          Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
          '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

The description says it has air conditioning, too. I guess it is just missing the evaporator, compressor, and condenser <G>. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The description says it has air conditioning, too. I guess it is just missing the evaporator, compressor, and condenser <G>. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The car is in Falmouth, Kentucky, which, when 'Googled,' shows had extensive flooding, in the late 90's. Sitting like that for 10 years.... not a good thought..
                I wonder if the owner was one of the 200 that were still listed as missing ...

Bob Johnstone
                64 GT Hawk (K7)
                1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

The car is in Falmouth, Kentucky, which, when 'Googled,' shows had extensive flooding, in the late 90's. Sitting like that for 10 years.... not a good thought..
                  I wonder if the owner was one of the 200 that were still listed as missing ...

Bob Johnstone
                  64 GT Hawk (K7)
                  1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

All I can say is UF-DAA!
                    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

All I can say is UF-DAA!
                      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

quote:The description says it has air conditioning, too. I guess it is just missing the evaporator, compressor, and condenser <G>. BP
                        I think he meant 4-40 air conditioning!

He also said it has power locks and power windows. I think he just copied it from an earlier ad and forgot to delete these items.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:The description says it has air conditioning, too. I guess it is just missing the evaporator, compressor, and condenser <G>. BP
                          I think he meant 4-40 air conditioning!

He also said it has power locks and power windows. I think he just copied it from an earlier ad and forgot to delete these items.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Definitely a disk brake car, not the brake fluid container on the firewall. Also, it could be a package car w/ a medallion on the grill, although someone could have put it there after the fact.

Dan White
                            64 R1 GT
                            64 R2 GT
                            Dan White
                            64 R1 GT
                            64 R2 GT
                            58 C Cab
                            57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Definitely a disk brake car, not the brake fluid container on the firewall. Also, it could be a package car w/ a medallion on the grill, although someone could have put it there after the fact.

Dan White
                              64 R1 GT
                              64 R2 GT
                              Dan White
                              64 R1 GT
                              64 R2 GT
                              58 C Cab
                              57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Working...
                              X