Car Rotisserie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Rotisserie

I just purchase a car rotisserie. Its capacity is 3000 lbs. I plan on using it for my business. Also, I plan on renting it out to the staple and sequioa club. I plan on renting it for $150.00 per month. What do you think. I am located near Sacramento, Ca.

Very fair, Roy. I bought one for just one job, my 55K. Costs with shipping about $2000. Gave it to my good ol boy after it served my purpose, so it can serve many more purposes. I found it by google: "Roto 2000". Put more Studes back on the road!
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

I have wanted one of those for years & finally got a nice one on wheels with hydraulic lifts last month along with the Packard Hawks I got in FL. They are very handy for welding & sandblasting bodies, and indespensible for getting all of the SAND out of a car body.
      Attached Files

Comment

Rotisserie

I built my own rotisserie last winter. Wouldn't want to be without one now. I looked at all the ones available and plans on the internet and included all the best ideas in mine. You can rotate a car body with one hand. See photo attached.
        Nick
        Attached Files

Comment

Great idea, Roy. Maybe I should try that on this coast. My only fear would be someone disappearing once they got it. How do you allow for that?

For anyone interested, here's some really cool plans to build your own:

Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
            For anyone interested, here's some really cool plans to build your own:http://www.harwoodperformance.bizlan...ick/index.html
            If you open this link you will see a '41 Buick. The link to the rotisserie plans are in the left column about 2/3 down.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Very fair price. I used one on my current resto and it saved my back when it came to taking off all of the undercoating and repairing the floors

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                Great idea, Roy. Maybe I should try that on this coast. My only fear would be someone disappearing once they got it. How do you allow for that?
                Sounds like a workable deal to me, too... but...

I would think a fellow that owned such an item, and intended to rent/loan it out to others, would want to have it insured.

1) Theft/comprehensive insurance, in case somebody takes off with/breaks it.

2) Liability insurance, because regardless of who is using it, you own it, and will, therefore, be sued when/if somebody is injured, or tears up something (other than your property) during its use. (More when, than if.)

The fact that they injured themselves, or tore up their own property because of their own stupidity, while using equipment that you loaned/rented to them, will not keep them, their lawyer, or insurance company from suing you blind.

When you rent something to somebody, you have entered into a business agreement (a "profit deal"), and assume several types of risks/liabilities in the process.

Attorneys, insurance companies, the IRS, and your local/state tax commissions become ever so interested in your business, don't ya know!

Sad to say, if you own a car rotisserie, and want to share it with others, you might be well advised to not put in your own name, but in the name of your LLC, which may well cost you more than what you might hope to earn, even (especially) if all you hope to earn is the goodwill of another car guy.
                Last edited by Studedude; 08-14-2012, 09:16 PM.
                sigpic
                Dave Lester

Comment

To: TX Rebel,-----That's a great photo! How about those twin Packard Hawk nose cones?????? Don't see that every day! (Not to mention that solid K-body)

Comment

Posted by Studedude
                    Sad to say, if you own a car rotisserie, and want to share it with others, you might be well advised to not put in your own name, but in the name of your LLC, which may well cost you more than what you might hope to earn, even (especially) if all you hope to earn is the goodwill of another car guy.
                    Dave

I hadn't thought about that but it's not only great advice but also sad but true.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                    X