Need a Woodgrain Glove Box door for my 62 Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a Woodgrain Glove Box door for my 62 Lark

If anyone has a glovebox door that is not all faded and scratched please contact me. I have a NOS dash but my old door is faded and really looks bad. Any help would be appreciated. I have tried everything to bring it back but it's pitted and nothing seems to help. Thanks Stan

Good luck Stan - someone has a dash that the only good part about it is the glove box door.

Back when N&A were doing their thing in South Bend (1996 IIRC), I saw an NOS '62 wood grain dash laying across a pallet box full of camshafts. It had the clock blank, taupe padding on top and the front pads, radio cover in the hole, and the glove box key was in the key hole with the extra copy hanging with it. Wonder where that thing is now...
    Last edited by 62champ; 08-14-2012, 11:01 AM.

Comment

My inventory says that I have one, but when I tried to find it for the last guy looking for one, I couldn't locate it. If I come across it, I will let you know (don't hold your breath).
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Try something like this:

There are others out there too.
        Google water transfer graphics
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Thanks, If you could find it that would be great. I really would like to have one in good shape. Stan

Comment

Originally posted by 62pacer View Post
            Thanks, If you could find it that would be great. I really would like to have one in good shape. Stan
            Sorry - I checked that inventory list this afternoon and discovered that I already sold the woodgrain glove box door for $10.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I may have a complete dash here from a '62 Cruiser. Perferably, I would want to sell it complete; reason being, the door is 'grain-matched' to the rest of the dash. As well, your dash and a different glove compartment door my not have faded uniformly together and will stand out.

Craig

Comment

Get 2 shades of brown and 1 black. Paint the dark brown on some cardboard as it starts to dry paint it with black in ony a few spots, then paint it with the other brown. Now take a paint brush and drag it from one end to the other. Some practice on cardboard and you can do your glovebox door. Thats how the factory did it and that is how I redid my 62 GT dash and it looks fine. Let it dry, sand it 'flat' with 600 G and use bomb can clearcoat over it.

Comment

SI has new ones in South Bend.

Comment

Working...
                  X