Studebaker International tour guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker International tour guide

I realize that it has been over a week since the International meet, but I just wanted to give a tip of my hat to Chris Dresbach for his informative and entertaining tour of the South Bend Studebaker International facility.
    I remember when Chris first came to this forum as a young kid, still wet behind the ears. He has grown into a fine young man and is an asset to the Studebaker community. He may be president material someday!!!
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

Agreed starliner62, I also went on the tour given by Chris. Young people like Chris and their passion for all things Studebaker, are the future of this club. Chris I applaud you for a job well done !!!!!

Comment

Unfortunately we missed the SI tour (we were on the bus tour toto the ACD Museum and did not get back in time)
      Got to the Si at about 2 minutes to 5:00 to buy some parts and they were in a hurry to get everyone out t of there and go home after a long day.
      Never did have time to make it back....loooked like a wondefull place.
      Also, never did get a chance to meet Chris. Saw his car numerous times but never did get to meet him.
      We spent too much time looking for places we were supposed to be........but that is another entirely other rant??
      Good Roads
      Brian & Sandi
      Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I've been to six International meets thru the years - three of which were in SB. Heh - unless you're a REALLY disciplined sort (which I ain't!) the week seems to just evaporate from under you. I can't imagine going only one day or two - I'd go nuts tryin' to SEE it all and VISIT with friends.
        Between all the historic points to visit, the museum, the seminars, the folks and cars and parts that are only there a day or two - AS WELL AS the actual meet itself - it's Saturday before you can blink.

I made the concious decision NOT to go this year. It wasn't that I wouldn't have enjoyed every minute of all seven days - it was a matter of priorities and outlay. Could easily have done it - with the wife's blessing - but had to weigh it against the priority list I have tacked up in my head. Further, to show up without a Stude - even just a beater - I don't want to do anymore. Sorry I couldn't make it.

I too, laud Chris' ongoing involvement and knowledge in all things Studebaker. Now if the Stude community could just recruit one a week like him.....
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I have been to South Bend MANY times, usually for a week at a time. Like Bob K., I always run out of time and have conflicts. I just do not understand people, especially those that are retired, that travel long distances and stay only a couple or few days. This year, I was busy from 6 AM-7 AM to Midnight-1 AM, every day and still did not see everything that I wanted to or meet up with people that I knew were there.

I enjoyed the SI tour. I tried to get in a tour with Chris, but he was going on a lunch break when I was there. A middle age man gave the tour that I was on. He did an excellent job. Chris coaught up to the rear of the tour group before we were finished.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. I try to lead the tours like one that I'd like to go on and try to make it a fun learning experience. I'm always happy to share some of my knowledge and show people around the plant/south bend.
            Gary, your guide was Tom Molnar. Tom is something like another father to me and taught me about everything I know about leading tours and about AM General. He is the original "grand master" of leading the tours at SI but wanted to retire from it last year because he got tired of all the walking; so he gave me the reigns and we perfected the tours. I do the majority of the tours, but he will occasionally fill in when I'm either at the fairgrounds or take a lunch break.
            Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by starliner62 View Post
              I realize that it has been over a week since the International meet, but I just wanted to give a tip of my hat to Chris Dresbach for his informative and entertaining tour of the South Bend Studebaker International facility.
              I remember when Chris first came to this forum as a young kid, still wet behind the ears. He has grown into a fine young man and is an asset to the Studebaker community. He may be president material someday!!!
              Amen! I actually took the tour twice and was impressed both times. Thanks Chris, for a great and educational tour.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I had the pleasure of going on both Chris' and Tom's tours. Both were really fun as they each added their own comments and jokes.

Chris is a great guy and I'm glad to know him. He even let me slip behind the wheel of the '40 Champ! Rusty and worn out or not, there's a lot to be said for an 18 year old driving an old Studebaker around South Bend. He's definitely a big part of the future of this club and he deserves all the recognition and praise that he gets.

Keep up all the good work that you do for Studebakers and SDC, Chris. You and I will be running this show someday. (Help us all. <grin>)

Comment

I also had the privilege of having Chris give the tour I was on. Great Job, Thank You!!!!

Comment

I got caught up in Chris's tour on Friday afternoon. Mainly I wanted to meet him and say hi and was told he just started a tour so I ran and caught up. Learned a lot too. Very happy that we have folks like you in the club Chris!

Pat
                    Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA
                    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                      Keep up all the good work that you do for Studebakers and SDC, Chris. You and I will be running this show someday. (Help us all. <grin>)
                      so, start or continue, the "political process" - both of you run for local/regional office, and go from there. keep writing your excellent articles in "TW"! let folks see and know what y'all would do to further advance the SDC and its membership.

you may be surprised how many of us "semi-old farts" , are looking for ideas "out of the box"...
                      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
                      X