62's lets see em!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62's lets see em!

I noticed the old "55s lets seem em" post has been brought back so why not start a new one for the 62's!
    sigpic

1962 Daytona
    1964 Cruiser
    And a few others

Roscomacaw and I got a "twofer" deal on these 62 Hawks. The green one was a 4 speed. I think it was the black one that slipped into gear while Bob was a few yards away and it sailed through his dove cage...

This was the 2nd Stude I ever owned. 14,000 original miles on it when I bought it around 2000. Still had the original tires on it. It was truly like a 1 year old used car. I drove it another 3,000 miles (what a SWEET driver it was ) and sold it when I started feeling guilty about putting miles on it...

Not a Stude, but it is a 62. 35,000 mile car. One year only interior color.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

OK...

Roly Lusted's Daytona HT, Grimsby Museum show 2011

Steve Gottfried's Skytop 4dr, Studebaker Made In Canada event, Belleville, 2012; the wagon is Roger Hill's restored Junior

Dave Street's GT Hawk, Waterdown Canadian Tire cruise, the day before DYSD 2011; the Streets had driven this car home to Ontario from Utah

Fred Hall's Skytop Daytona HT rod, DYSD 2011, Starlite Drive-In Theatre

My Deluxe six 2dr, same event

Al Wilson's ultra-low-mileage Regal 4dr, Burlington Lions cruise 2010

Hamilton Chapter "Club 62" trio, as I called it...Fred's, Al's and my Larks parked together, same cruise as previous shot

GT with '56-61 style grille, awaiting rescue--or not--at a private collection in the area (being dispersed)

More to follow at a later stage...

S.
      Last edited by Steve T; 08-13-2012, 08:04 PM.

Comment

62 semi custom, all Studebaker parts except the engine and trans.

Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Another shot of Fred's Daytona HT rod...as a "Cars" character!

Daytona droptop at a Hamilton Chapter meeting in 2009

Chevy-engined GT Hawk at one of the late lamented Mapleview cruises, 2008

Project/parts Lark 4dr spotted by my dad on a visit to Port Elgin in 2007

S.
          Last edited by Steve T; 08-13-2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Built in late September 1961. Shipped to Temple, Texas, and used by a local company to carry newspapers between Temple and Waco. Purchased by a friend of my Father and Uncle in 1965 and used as a farm truck until sideswiped and pushed off the road in 1988. Was used many times to pull my Father and Uncles '51 Starlight drag car to the Little-River Dragstrip in the late '60s/early '70s. Restored by my Uncle in 1993 and handed down to me in 2002 on his passing. Driven to its new home in Pennsylvania in 2007.

Photo was taken in spring of 2011 after the truck got new shoes and I repainted the wheels - was reluctant to put on the caps for fear of paint chipping...

Non-Daytona hardtop at Straustown Car Show - 2010. Beautiful car and probably not too many around.

Last edited by 62champ; 08-14-2012, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Candbstudebakers. I hate to say it but that black modf. gt is just butt ugly.

Comment

Working...
              X