"You don't see many of these any more."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You don't see many of these any more."

Having recently "exposed" my Studebaker to the public quite a bit going across country and spending a couple days at Hot August Night in Reno (6000 pre 72 cars and between 500,000-800,000 people attending) that was one of the more common comments I heard. I will submit to you that part of the reason we hear that comment is our own fault. I see more Studebakers at our local chapter meeting than I did at Hot August Nights. I've heard some folks say that only modified or high dollar cars go to car shows. Well that is certainly not true, there are a lot of Chevys, Fords, Mopars and others at these shows that are showroom original , just like may of our Studebaker owners strive to make theirs. I have also seen quite a few I would consider "survivor" class, or beaters (not to be confused with rat rods). My whole point in making this post is to encourage our members to get their cars out there and have some fun with them. Don't just take them to Studebaker events, show off your pride and joy every chance you get. If we all do that, maybe we won't hear that comment in the Subject line as often. And maybe we will get more folks interested in our club and in our cars. Seems like another comment is: "My uncle, dad, brother, cousin, schoolmate used to have one." You can tell them "Hey you can have one too!" They are pretty available.

Get out there and "Expose" your Studebakers!

Pat
    Last edited by Pat Dilling; 08-13-2012, 10:41 AM.
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

I know I get the same response at local shows and all I say is how many do you want? what model? they are out there and can be had if one makes an effort to find them.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Toledo has a huge car meet every year in September at a Chevy transmission factory. I've gone for the last 8-10 years and there are NEVER more than 1 or 2 Studebakers present. Can't wait to take my Hawk this year
      Last edited by RareBird; 08-13-2012, 07:15 AM.
      sigpic

Packardbakerly,
      J.D.

Comment

I have also hear that said quite alot when driving my car. My response is (you have to hang around the right people).

Comment

You bet. It's the most common thing I hear. They all know "Hawk" but don't know the years or sequence of models. Driving one daily puts a buzz on the street. Keep showing the flag!
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Pat....You have hit the nail on the head. Am in complete agreement. If I say anymore I will offend those who pull the strings. Change is part of the process.

Comment

Working...
            X